Stephen Warnock

KSV

its tit for tat, warnock has to clear up zoggys mistake, dunne has to clear up warnocks mistake (and collins's) which has a knock on affect to dunnes performance

a new LB and CB what certainly shore everything up, we need players on international quality in all positions

he has been reliable for most of this season, and i didnt want him back at the club after last years outbursts and shit performances

while im sure there are better out there, at the moment we have more worrying concerns such as a reilable right back so cuellar can play centre back with dunne and a ball winner in the middle of the park so petrov can be the holding midfielder as trying to rely on petrov to win the ball and be a play maker and a holding midfielder is not going to happen.

in warnocks defencem he has also had nzog in front of him for most of the season, and his form has ranged from utter shit to reasonable, he offers no protection down the left side which normally means gabby has to track back or there is a 2 on 1 situation ( or another player getting pulled out of position)

as i say im not a huge fan of him but others not doing their jobs makes his twice as hard, it also disrupts the whole team

didnt nzog play left back for a couple seasons? if warnock gets a ban or injured maybe nzog should be forced to play left back, then he may remember what it is like being 2v 1 all the time with no help from the playe infront.

Good post.

Ah, the anti Warnock brigade are out again. I wondered how long after the game it would be before he got slagged off.
But he's shit though. He has some good moments but he consistently makes stupid mistakes.

That's because he is rubbish. Forget about the pen. Sure he got in good spots, but it's **** pointless if he can't cross. I think he only put in one successful cross out of like 10. And don't forget he had the time to shoot on target, but the shot was so **** off target it was unbelieveable.

Horrid player.

its not a hatred of him, im sure hes a nice guys, who does his bit for charity and probably a mommys boy, who knows, but hes just not at the level that we require, his mistakes are very costly to us, hes a championship player at most

hes a bit naff isnt he? always has an error in him defensively, whether its getting caught out of position or making a stupid tackle. and his passing and crossing is poor. today he wasted at least 5 excellent chances to drive into the box and square it for a tap in, only choosing to cross early and smash it aimlessly behind the goal

That's because he is rubbish. Forget about the pen. Sure he got in good spots, but it's **** pointless if he can't cross. I think he only put in one successful cross out of like 10. And don't forget he had the time to shoot on target, but the shot was so **** off target it was unbelieveable.

Horrid player.

Actually he had several good crosses today. Two from the left-back position, both pinpoint 30-yarders to 1) Bent, but couldn't control it, poor by Bent and 2) Petrov, who headed it over their keeper who had come rushing out, but it was cleared for a corner, good chance.

Then he had an excellent hard and precise cross from the byline across the face of the goal to Albrighton, who completely fluffed his volley, should have scored.

And then he layed one back across the floor to Heskey who arrived late in the box, but fluffed his chance.

Made too many errors defensively I agree and a very poor attempt at goal, but if you exaggerate like that it's quite difficult to take your post seriously.

Looks a bit down on confidence, seen him a lot better.

And it was never a penalty, from a yard away, the ref just wanted to please the crowd, I've seen Howard Webb NOT give those against Man.Utd TWO times this season. And other referees as well when it's been as close to the defender as that one.

its not a hatred of him, im sure hes a nice guys, who does his bit for charity and probably a mommys boy, who knows, but hes just not at the level that we require, his mistakes are very costly to us, hes a championship player at most

What relevance is your reference to him maybe being a mommy's boy?

The point another poster made about his confidence being low is valid not your comments. Yesterday there were numerous fans around me on the terraces that were almost willing him to make a mistake so that they could give him grief, yet won't offer any credit when it's due.

It seems Warnock is the whipping boy on here and will be no matter how well he performs.

I've been very much a supporter of Warnock since he's been at the club. But yesterday made me think differently completely. Whilst he possess some attacking flair, his inability to defend even against low level opposition is poor. He was caught too many times yesterday and Bristols winger was tearing him apart a lot.

It seems Warnock is the whipping boy on here and will be no matter how well he performs.
That may not be fair but there's also a reason behind it - he's shit. Even in his "good" games he still makes silly mistakes. We just can't afford that, especially in our dreadful defence.

Â