Murdoch Scum

snowychap

what is the actual crime here

guess we could also add taking oneself far too seriously too the list

anyhows must dash have to write 67 pages on the use of an apostrophe ....

It is remarkable how weak, and feeble, Murdoch is sounding already. He genuinely appears to be struggling with every question so far. The line of questioning currently has him repeatedly saying he appears to either not know an awful lot that was going on under him or he knew very, very fleeting details.

James is desperate to prevent his father being questioned it seems...

what is the actual crime here?

Which one? Phone hacking/bribery/corruption/attempting to take people for fools by claiming it's all codswallop and some kind of Labour conspiracy?

sorry, i meant what is the specific crime that Rebecca Brooks is accused off? the one she was arrested for.

Which one? Phone hacking/bribery/corruption/attempting to take people for fools by claiming it's all codswallop and some kind of Labour conspiracy?

sorry, i meant what is the specific crime that Rebecca Brooks is accused off? the one she was arrested for.

I don't think she's actually been accused of anything. I think she was arrested in connection with the investigation in to 'phone hacking and bribery.

James is desperate to prevent his father being questioned it seems...

And it would appear that the committee are very keen to question Rupert only.

Indeed. 'Your father is in control of the corporation, we will come to you'.

I have often heard that the son was worse than the father. At this moment in time, I can certainly believe it.

James appears rather more keen to deflect and put up the defences (whilst trying to appear to kowtow and be sincere), while his father is bumbling through it more or less straight and not sounding all that powerful or...well, fit.

It is remarkable how weak, and feeble, Murdoch is sounding already. He genuinely appears to be struggling with every question so far. The line of questioning currently has him repeatedly saying he appears to either not know an awful lot that was going on under him or he knew very, very fleeting details.

It's the Ernest Saunders defence - I'm a weak old man with dementia, please go gently.

I'm surprised he didn't turn up wearing a nightshirt and diving helmet.

I don't think she's actually been accused of anything. I think she was arrested in connection with the investigation in to 'phone hacking and bribery.

She was arrested on 2 charges.

"on suspicion of conspiring to intercept communications, contrary to Section1(1) Criminal Law Act 1977 and on suspicion of corruption allegations contrary to Section 1 of the Prevention of Corruption Act 1906."

Â