Gym Routine

olboydave

First day in the gym for two months due to running related injury, loved been back 20k bike bit of rowing and deadlifts I only went up to 120 felt good though ...only downside one of the other gyms in the town went belly up now there is that crowd and they are as messy as fook must all be from tallaght or something :P

Thinking about joining pure gym in West Brom. £14.99 pm. Is it worth it? 

I work nights so I can only really make it there 3 nights pw, probably around 2-3 am, they only have staff there between 10 and 6 so I'll be in charge of my routine etc.

I'm joining to mainly to drop some weight but I've always preferred weights to cardio, though I've never been into the supplements/crazy diet side of it. I'll be going Monday to Wednesday (motivation allowing) what sort of routine should I be setting myself? Is there somewhere I can get routines from? 

Another gym hate of mine.

Very few leg machines at my gym. 4 to be precise, 3 of which are upstairs. One calf press, one leg extension, one hamstring curl.

Went in yesterday and there are 3 guys super-setting on the machines which is fine. However the way they were going about it basically meant that all 3 machines were out of action for about an hour because they would sit and wait on them until their mate had finished on the other machine then run between them.

I asked one of the guys if I could quickly jump in and do my 2 sets as it was the last thing I had to do and I get "No, We're super-setting"

I don't want to be a dick when I go to the gym, I just want to do what I need to do and go home. As soon as he left the machine I did what I needed to do which took a grand total of about 30 seconds whilst he stropped around about a meter away huffing.

People need to learn how to share.

Just getting back into the gym and want to lose weight and tone up , would like a bit more muscle but as I am naturally stocky I don't want to increase my size.

Any website with basic gym routines anyone can recommend preferably with pictures as 

Another gym hate of mine.

Very few leg machines at my gym. 4 to be precise, 3 of which are upstairs. One calf press, one leg extension, one hamstring curl.

Went in yesterday and there are 3 guys super-setting on the machines which is fine. However the way they were going about it basically meant that all 3 machines were out of action for about an hour because they would sit and wait on them until their mate had finished on the other machine then run between them.

I asked one of the guys if I could quickly jump in and do my 2 sets as it was the last thing I had to do and I get "No, We're super-setting"

I don't want to be a dick when I go to the gym, I just want to do what I need to do and go home. As soon as he left the machine I did what I needed to do which took a grand total of about 30 seconds whilst he stropped around about a meter away huffing.

People need to learn how to share.

words removed.

I find the people that take the piss the most with the giant-setting are the ones who seem to know the least about training.

• Like 1

Definitely not. Hogging all the machines for group training is just not on. If you're going to use more than one piece of equipment at a time, you have to be prepared to let someone work in with you.

One of the cable machines is broken in my gym at the moment and we have a disproportionate amount of guys in there who seem to base their entire routines around using the other three. Funny how it looks like they all need to spend some time getting stronger before there spend an hour training arms... Everyone was a beginner once but these guys seem to think they're the absolute nuts, dressed in the their stringy bodybuilder vests...

It's an incredible gym equipment-wise but sometimes going into that place makes me hate the world haha.

Just getting back into the gym and want to lose weight and tone up , would like a bit more muscle but as I am naturally stocky I don't want to increase my size.

Any website with basic gym routines anyone can recommend preferably with pictures as 

Try here

Your size will depend on your diet. You should follow a decent routine and always strive to go one step further with every session (more weight, extra reps etc)

If you do that and eat a caloric excess, then you'll add size.

If you eat a caloric deficit then you'll lose fat, whilst gaining a bit of muscle if you're a newbie lifter.

Just back from my gym.

They've put in a brand new deadlifting platform :wub::wub:

Previously I've just had to deadlift out on the gym floor in amongst the sit uppers and kettle bellers.

Didn't use it today but can't wait to try it next week!

Can't seem to avoid them, regardless of when I go, unfortunately. Too many Instagram rocket polishers in there as well. As if just making it to the gym and knowing what a dead lift is is some kind of achievement. Stop taking photos and lift some **** weights!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I swear that there is a guy at my gym wearing a muscle suit......

Here is my evidence.

1) His sweat is very visible but coming from weird and inconsistent places which makes it look like he has a very tight t-shirt under his t-shirt. Could just be a compression vest though.

2) His muscles look weird, like he is a kid wearing a superman outfit. His traps have a peak, his neck is scrawny and he looks far too broad for the rest of his body.

3) His legs are scrawny. he wears tight tops and baggy trousers and even then his upper body looks much larger.

• Like 2

Â