What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Rugeley, well it's all down to personal taste, and it's only had one listen. I'd also guess from previous posts our tastes are a bit different - I'm not really liking the heavy metal excess side of music, this was 'excessive'.

But a lot of the reasons I liked the previous two albums I'd picked up (Brothers & El Camino) appear to have gone. Certainly the album Brothers was pared back, sparse and distinctive. This was more a middling rock album. I don't really like middling rock, life's too short. Bryan Adams sprung to mind, or INXS (not that I've ever listened to a Brian Adams album). Somebody (Dave I think), referenced the Black Keys and the impression they were coke influenced in their Glastonbury interview. This whole album sounded to me like the last two albums had bought them too much coke and too much studio time and not enough honest advice from friends.

But all that off a single listen sat in London traffic! So I'll play it again one day.

Today, sat in the office, looking out over sunny, dappled green Sofia Gardens Park, it's currently all about Sharon Jones on loop. 

That was actually in reference to Kasabian's interview, but the same probably applies.

5aec5977a5.jpg

Bi Plane Angel Beam's first album, 8 Man Madras Fart?

Superb Mr Crisp. :clap:

How are we expected to know what this album is, with no description, or info on the cover? Even the url link doesn't give any clues.  

Do an image search on Google.

5aec5977a5.jpg

Bi Plane Angel Beam's first album, 8 Man Madras Fart?

Superb Mr Crisp. :clap:

How are we expected to know what this album is, with no description, or info on the cover? Even the url link doesn't give any clues.  

Do an image search on Google.

what do I search for?  

Explosions in the Sky - Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever

:thumb:

Still. I think the crisp man's title was better. :P

Well, if Bi Plane Angel Beam ain't already taken then I'm going for that one for my new band.

They'll be a mish mash band of posers all generally up themselves. I'll probably use a little face paint to make myself look edgy. We'll have stupid instruments that add nothing but make us look bohemian. Hopefully, we'll make enough of a splash amongst students for our one half hummable song that we'll be able to dine out on it for years doing various tented stages at Glasto and coining it in from our tune being used in an advert for low fat spread or mobile phone top ups. People will buy numerous albums before realising we're not hip, we're shit.

A bit like Arcade Fire really.

• Like 2

Well, if Bi Plane Angel Beam ain't already taken then I'm going for that one for my new band.

They'll be a mish mash band of posers all generally up themselves. I'll probably use a little face paint to make myself look edgy. We'll have stupid instruments that add nothing but make us look bohemian. Hopefully, we'll make enough of a splash amongst students for our one half hummable song that we'll be able to dine out on it for years doing various tented stages at Glasto and coining it in from our tune being used in an advert for low fat spread or mobile phone top ups. People will buy numerous albums before realising we're not hip, we're shit.

A bit like Arcade Fire really.

If this was the late 60s that would be a perfect description of The Incredible String Band.

Well, if Bi Plane Angel Beam ...tune being used in an advert for low fat spread or mobile phone top ups.

If this was the late 60s that would be a perfect description of The Incredible String Band.

low fat spread and mobile telephones in the 60s - I think you secretly love the 80s the mostest, but just can't bring yourself to admit it straight out
  • Like 1

Ha ha. I just meant the bit that said:

They'll be a mish mash band of posers all generally up themselves. I'll probably use a little face paint to make myself look edgy. We'll have stupid instruments that add nothing but make us look bohemian. Hopefully, we'll make enough of a splash amongst students for our one half hummable song that we'll be able to dine out on it for years

Edited by mjmooney

Roxette,best of. Not normally my type of music but its a band I listened to a lot when I was really young. Blame my mum, and also my grandad. Tbf there are only four songs which I like so most will be skipped.

Roxette,best of. Not normally my type of music but its a band I listened to a lot when I was really young. Blame my mum, and also my grandad. Tbf there are only four songs which I like so most will be skipped.

Ghey :-)

Â