What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Rolling stones, sticky fingers, they ay the first band that come into my mind when I get asked who's the greatest band ever but when you listen to their albums its hard not to think they are, effortless playing and they just sound so bloody good

• Like 1

theboyangel, on 01 Jun 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

hookworms-pearl-mystic.jpg

Hookworms - Pearl Mystic

Only on first couple of listens but it's a cracker - fits in nicely with Wooden Shjips, Moon Duo etc

Playing at the Liverpool festival of psychedelia in September, well worth the £40 ticket price, along with Moon Duo, Clinic, Besnard Lakes, Fuzz, Holydrug Couple, White Manna, Liminanas, Mugstar…. and many many more as the saying goes
  • Like 1

theboyangel, on 01 Jun 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

hookworms-pearl-mystic.jpg

Hookworms - Pearl Mystic

Only on first couple of listens but it's a cracker - fits in nicely with Wooden Shjips, Moon Duo etc

Playing at the Liverpool festival of psychedelia in September, well worth the £40 ticket price, along with Moon Duo, Clinic, Besnard Lakes, Fuzz, Holydrug Couple, White Manna, Liminanas, Mugstar…. and many many more as the saying goes

Wow - that's some line-up Bicks!!! definately worth £40!!! Clinic are a local band too, one of them is a friend of a friend from Formby I know.

Currently listening to this album again, just love it. Doubt anyone on here has heard it before, but if you like it then you should check out more of their stuff since they keep more or less the same vibe overall-

grace slick is hot as f***

Was. :(

95y15i.jpg

Today, I are mostly listening to:

18afa7ad743a2b03e57e301a50a67f318de1192e

I'd still get on it, I love zep but I find houses of the holy a bit thin if you know what I mean but in weather like this its probaly the first zep album I'd put on as it gives out a bit of a sunny day kind of feel

Playing at the Liverpool festival of psychedelia in September

What's the venue like?

Camp and Furnace, I believe. Would love to get up there for it myself, especially due to Mugstar, who became a favourite of mine while I was up there at uni (along with apatt), don't think I'll be able to manage it though due to the time it's on

Edited by hogso

novelty.jpg

Not one of my favourites from the era, but still veryt decent stuff. They gained some hate in the scene (DC post-hardcore / Dischord) for signing to a 'major label' a couple of years after releasing the above. It's nice to listen to them now and just enjoy the stuff, rather than having to dredge any of that drama associated with them, which I would guess fans from the time still remember them for. Certainly recommended to anyone how likes that undeniably 90s & American 'alternative rock' sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMjUMKFEZiE

Â