What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

FRONTCoverSmaller.jpg

Finally released (via website) after lots of promises, 8 or 9 really really strong tracks. Guest vocals from Brother Culture here and there.

Currently broadcasting to the nation via my car stereo.

genre is apparently 'dubtronica' for those interested in pidgeon holes

My most recent item from ebay:

iRO4iaT.jpg

Original pressing, no name at the top, yellow and blue Steamboat Reprise label.

Sadly it cost a little more than my usual 99p ceiling ;)

• Like 1

First of all nice one to all those who recommended Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. I loved their new album... but cannot stop listening to Murder Ballads at the minute. What an exceptional album, so dark and beautiful at the same time. The tracks with PJ Harvey and Kylie are amazing!

But also got this today and looking forward to giving it a go....

brmc_specter_at_the_feast.jpg

Anyone tried it?

I've been really disappointed with it thus far, and B.R.M.C. are a personal favorite. The first track is alright, but the rest of it strikes me as bland and dull. It's not their debut or 'Baby 81,' that's for sure.

MarqueeMoon.jpg

Had this on in the car today. Brought from a closing down sale, about 10 years ago, at a record shop in Darlington for £1.50! What a bargain!

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

most competent music devices in most averagely set up rooms sound pretty much the same

even a laptop and headphones listening to MP3's is fine for most stuff

or perhaps I just don't have the pallette for finery....

currently listening to a ripped copy of Billy Bragg's new CD and it's lovely and mellow and laid back, so I'll give that a go live later in the year when he does the tour.

interestingly, the new music CD was copyable, the old singles on the other disc was not rippable

• Like 1

most competent music devices in most averagely set up rooms sound pretty much the same

even a laptop and headphones listening to MP3's is fine for most stuff

Noooo!

But for all that, the quality of sound is a distant second to the quality of song being listened too.

Currently listening to this, which I'm about 40 years late on, but it's a brilliant album, not a weak track. And shits all over Exile on Main St

rolling-stones_sticky-fingers.jpg 

"Shits all over" is a bit strong - "Exile" is fantastic. But I agree that "Sticky Fingers" is at least its equal, if not a shade better.

I just can't get into Exile at all. Too bloated for me, and only a couple of tracks that really grab me. Apparently quite a popular album in its day though :)

Â