What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Also in the CIS latest package is Gordon Chapman-Fox -The Nine Travellers

He's also known as Warrington Runcorn New Town Development Plan :D so its a double dose but this is in his own name and doesn't take the same inspiration for the tunes but it’s more ambient electronics and more in line with what the kids call drone these days. Liking it.

image.jpeg

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

I know, I know, everyone else picked it up months ago. I’m a bit slow.

It's not quite up to the same level as The Night Chancers but it's still a bloody good album.

It's probably heresy to say, but overall I like his stuff more than his dad's (and I liked his dad's stuff a lot).

• Like 1

Y Niwl

As part of an occasional series, a full album, bought new in a shop today for £11.99

Available on Bandcamp for a tenner plus postage

Instrumental surf stuff, stick it on it your pop up bbq surf shack.

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

It's not quite up to the same level as The Night Chancers but it's still a bloody good album.

It's probably heresy to say, but overall I like his stuff more than his dad's (and I liked his dad's stuff a lot).

Yeah, on a first couple of listens its not as instant as the last one, but still a decent album.

Interesting to see writing credits for his son on 5 of the tracks. Makes it quite nuanced whether some of the lyrics are by him about his dad or about him by his son, or just good short stories. 

• Like 1

More Castles in Space, there are not physical copies of this it’s a subscription only download / stream

Very much in the same ballpark as WRNTDP but by different people, their first release

Cautionary Guides - A Cautionary Drive Around The Wirral

image.png

18 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Y Niwl

As part of an occasional series, a full album, bought new in a shop today for £11.99

Available on Bandcamp for a tenner plus postage

Instrumental surf stuff, stick it on it your pop up bbq surf shack.

spacer.png

Remember seeing these guys support Gruff Rhys a fair few years back.

They were pretty good but have lost track of their releases. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm getting all excited to drop into town on my way home to pick up the new Bill Ryder-Jones album

Yes, on my list for the weekend too.

off to see The Folly Group later at their debut album launch gig at Drift Records in Totnes. 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 18:50, tonyh29 said:

After not buying any music in 2023 , I’ve already bought an album in 2024 … Shed Seven’s New one dropped today , can’t actually play it as I don’t have a CD player so will have to use the PC at work on Monday  , but it had the added bonus of coming with a live ticket to see them perform it in Kingston in a couple of weeks time … one of my favourite live bands so can't wait 

Just confirmed as their first number one album … 30 years after the release of their first album 

They did it the old fashioned way by playing record stores up and down the country , quite refreshing in its way 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Just confirmed as their first number one album … 30 years after the release of their first album 

They did it the old fashioned way by playing record stores up and down the country , quite refreshing in its way 

Old record industry trick, release stuff you want to push in January because sales hit the floor

Bill Ryder-Jones will be number one next week for the same reason. There weren’t any copies left for me after work, I've got to wait until next week

• Like 1

81O6gkm06oS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. 

Been listening to this album a lot. Apparently it was quite a big album in 1998? Either way, had never heard of the album or the band until recently but it's got me absolutely hooked atm. Can't stop playing it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

81O6gkm06oS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. 

Been listening to this album a lot. Apparently it was quite a big album in 1998? Either way, had never heard of the album or the band until recently but it's got me absolutely hooked atm. Can't stop playing it. 

Its one of the greatest albums ever made. It wasn't big but it it had a very fervent following and hugely critically acclaimed. I love it almost as much as I love my daughter, I have said this before, but I wish I was listening to it for the first time as it is phenomenal. I will be putting it on as soon as my next meeting is over.

• Like 1

Just having a day off so I’m playing stuff that I’d be begged to turn off if others were in the flat. This is way out Leftfield even for the Cabs. It belongs firmly in first period Cabs and is a soundtrack to a film, recorded in 1979. A 16mm film for two projectors as in art not movie. I think of it as an archival piece and not something I'd play very often. This was only released for the very first time in 2019, yes, under 5 years ago and I bought it then… in HMV. A new release limited edition double album of minor interest to the masses. Cost £16.99, not a prayer of them selling that for less than £35 now, less than 5 years later. Can’t be long before they go bust yet again

image.jpeg

Â