What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I prefer the original of monkey man

I'm not much of a reggae fan, but a Toots Hibbert original is always going to be better than any cover. 

• Like 1

This must be the most bizarre release ever on Trojan Records. It really doesn't fit their profile

Jah Wobble - I Could Have Been A Contender. A 3 CD anthology of his early career which is ordered somewhat randomly and not chronologically so his PIL output is massively different to his other work and it just sort of jarrs against the rest

Some great stuff on here, I just don't think the PIL tracks were neccessary

Zw.jpeg

Just now, Seat68 said:

Do we include The Boiler as a Specials track?

Not really, it's only Dammers and John Bradbury from the band on it (I suppose you could argue Dick Cuthell on trumpet too), there's a Swinging Cat and a Bodysnatcher on it making up the numbers, the main rump of the actual band had got sick of Dammers by then

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

Love Phantom Radio and the remix album of it. This one's a particular favourite from the remix album

That's cool; don't think I got the remix album, might try and track it down... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Some absolute belters on there

Persian Rug Sale at the USC. I'm not sure if its just a Merseyside thing but that is just typical and has me smiling every time its on

Awkward Sean - already a classic in my book

Grifting Haddock in the George... Midnight Mass Murder... Tess of the Dormobiles

Even been winning a few customers over with it this weekend :D

• Like 2

So, sometime at the end of November, start of December someone posted about a three Jazz albums for a tenner deal on Zaavi. You got three random "classic" jazz albums. I thought why not, the missus can give them to me for xmas and as I won't know what they are, it'll be a surprise for me.

They finally arrived today. Because of the cheapness of the deal, I kind of just refused to cancel the order. The money came out at the weekend but again I forgot all about it so it was still a nice surprise to come home to

This is the first one of the three

Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch

with Freddie Hubbard on Trumpet, Bobby Hutcherson on vibraphone, Richard Davis on bass and Anthony Williams on drums.

Originally released in 1964 on Blue Note. Discogs describes it as... Free Jazz, Modal, Hard Bop and Post Bop. Me not a clue what that means :D

It's slightly warped but plays fine, at under £4 inc postage I'm not that bothered. I'm nearly at the end of side 1 and it is the sort of Jazz I quite like because it makes me listen

ZWc.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bickster said:

So, sometime at the end of November, start of December someone posted about a three Jazz albums for a tenner deal on Zaavi. You got three random "classic" jazz albums. I thought why not, the missus can give them to me for xmas and as I won't know what they are, it'll be a surprise for me.

They finally arrived today. Because of the cheapness of the deal, I kind of just refused to cancel the order. The money came out at the weekend but again I forgot all about it so it was still a nice surprise to come home to

with Freddie Hubbard on Trumpet, Bobby Hutcherson on vibraphone, Richard Davis on bass and Anthony Williams on drums.

Originally released in 1964 on Blue Note. Discogs describes it as... Free Jazz, Modal, Hard Bop and Post Bop. Me not a clue what that means :D

It's slightly warped but plays fine, at under £4 inc postage I'm not that bothered. I'm nearly at the end of side 1 and it is the sort of Jazz I quite like because it makes me listen

ZWc.jpeg

Good album. Although personally I prefer the earlier 'Out There'. 

• Like 1

On 01/03/2022 at 18:09, bickster said:

ZWc.jpeg

Well that is bloody weird.

I’ve never heard of this album before… I had a copy in my hand today, but eventually swapped it out for something else.

• Haha 1

Â