What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Found this hypnotic double album baby all shiny and new a few days ago and had to have it.

All tactile and 2 x 180 heavy. Flipping, touching just the edge of vinyl, the sleeve slide, notes you can actually read. 

Ridiculous.

A slow drive to Swansea now, with my newly ripped car CD copy:

CCkJU4kWgAAV5lH.jpg

Truly, is home taping really killing music?

Saw that t'other day myself, it may get bought in due course but I have my eye on a Sherwood produced album of his first

I have been mostly listening to the Decembrists - What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World - early indications I do quite like it.

Had a skip over the new Belle & Sebastien as well and it seems decent so far.

• Like 1

Yeah, looks to be in really good nick, there's a slight mark across two tracks but I think it's 'in' the vinyl, an original cosmetic flaw, not a scuff.

Still waiting for people to go to bed so I can stick the headphones on and sprawl across the floor for proper listening.

By condition and gut feeling it's the best of three randoms I picked up today...

Esther & Abi Ofarim

16963475297_6e3ba3a3bd_k.jpg

plus...

16550713953_572a0f172c_k.jpg

Not that surprisingly - The other Indian one has a similar cast to the first one :)

The Ofarim is the one with Cinderella Rockafella.

That doesn't auger particularly well  :D  but the first Indian one could be a steal if it plays nicely.

Yep, I like that, very calm and laid back, that'll get some play in the background of my candle light suppers.

Whole album plays spot on with the exception of one little click or slight jump half way through the last track which is slightly annoying as its one of the two best on there (along with your Rafi recommendation). Not enough of a glitch to stop that getting played a few times. See, if Woolies was still around I could have invested in a Ronco Scratch Remover.

The Ofarim was the bloody expensive one!!! paid out £4 for that one....Cinderella rockafella is indeed on there....don't know it, so I'm curious now, it's next up.

*ahem, well that's two decent Indian albums and a candidate for one of those novelty vinyl clocks*

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

Found this hypnotic double album baby all shiny and new a few days ago and had to have it.

All tactile and 2 x 180 heavy. Flipping, touching just the edge of vinyl, the sleeve slide, notes you can actually read.

Ridiculous.

A slow drive to Swansea now, with my newly ripped car CD copy:

CCkJU4kWgAAV5lH.jpg

Truly, is home taping really killing music?

I've been listening to that album loads recently, love it.

• Like 1

a89e2764.jpg

The absolute definition of a 'grower' for me.

I listened to it when it first came out and thought it was OKish but nothing special, yet it's grown to become one of the my favourite albums from the last couple of years. 

I think it's sublime.

Â