What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

The_Temperance_Movement_The_Temperance_M

What a **** fantastic album this is, I heard them on the radio the other day and used shazam on my phone to find out who they were and downloaded the album this morning before work, absolutely **** brilliant album, best I've heard in ages

gritty blues rock with some nice almost folky ballads, I am completely sold on these lads, they have got a real faces/stones feel to the music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kECkUxxzKtM&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PCZtVm3plc&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 1

Holy sheeat! Bruce and Esther went and made one of my all time favourite records in Dance Sing and Listen Again and Again. Someone get it re-pressed on Vinyl.

Edited by useless

Because when life feels that way it's almost uplifting to listen too.

Not for me, it isn't. 

It has to be the stuff you grow up with. If I want to wallow in self-pity, I'll turn to an album like Blood on the Tracks or Late for the Sky. 

Melancholy, but not... irritating. For me, natch. Your mileage may vary. 

Blood on the Tracks is an awesome album. However not heard Late for the Sky, will go get it! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3AYovzlP_8

I love this album, love the vocals and guitars (Some right rocky stuff thrown in :)).

It features a man called Aston 'Familyman' Barrett. He used to be in Bob Marley & The Wailers but the important bit is his first name.

Just bought the Temperance Movement album on spec - sounds like it might be My Sort Of Thing. 

And threw in a couple of Decemberists albums while I was at it. 

Update: the Temperance Movement is pretty "meh". Recycled Black Crowes. 

The Decemberists, on the other hand: brilliant

Just bought the Temperance Movement album on spec - sounds like it might be My Sort Of Thing. 

I know what you mean about the recycled Black Crowes but there isn't much out there that is better at the moment

and as the crowes are one of my favourite bands I'm not complaining about the similarities

I know what you mean about the recycled Black Crowes but there isn't much out there that is better at the moment

and as the crowes are one of my favourite bands I'm not complaining about the similarities

Oh, mine too. Don't get me wrong, I love that style of music. 

It's just that every few years another one comes along, and they rarely add anything to the Faces/Frankie Miller formula - Black Crowes, Georgia Satellites, Quireboys, etc... there was one called The Steamboat Band in the 90s, that did an album called 'Runners and Riders'. If you want more, check it out, it's pretty good. 

Â