What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Jason Isbell - Southeastern

Former Drive By Truckers guitarist, vocalist and songwriter, if You like country, southern rock, americana and stuff like that then you should really really listen to this

Acclaimed US singer-songwriter Jason Isbell leaves no stone unturned on his sublime new album ‘Southeastern’, out October 7th on Southeastern Records/Thirty Tigers, and one of his most sleeve-worn records to date. Unlocking the door to his psyche with 12 soul searching confessionals, from haunting opener ‘Cover Me Up’ to ‘Elephant’ – a frank, raw meditation on death.US country star Kim Richey lends a hand with vocals as does Isbell’s singer-songwriter wife Amanda Shires; Richey on ‘Stockholm’ and ‘Relatively Easy’, and Shires on ‘Travelling Alone’. It was recorded in Nashville and produced by Dave Cobb (Jamey Johnson, The Secret Sisters). Having reached the artist’s highest ever debut on the Billboard Top 200 at No.23, US critics have been unanimous in their praise for the new record, currently out in the States. New York Times Magazine have called Jason Isbell ‘One of America’s thoroughbred songwriters’ and USA Today have said ‘every song on Isbell's fourth studio album punches your gut.’ Originally finding fame as guitarist and songwriter in the much-lauded Drive-By Truckers, this is Isbell’s first solo album following his celebrated 2007 debut ‘Sirens of the Ditch’. Having toured the UK as special guest support to Ryan Adams last year, Jason will take on his own headline tour this autumn – UK dates to be announced shortly.

and I know I have posted it before in the 'what song are you listening to' thread but I still think everyone should listen to this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClugMhMbrRg&feature=player_detailpage

I also tend to agree...I like it, but it's not even in my top three favourite Beach Boys albums

What would your top three BB albums be Roberto?

This is superb -semi classical, but lovely.

agnes-obel-aventine.jpg

Cheers Pete, I really like that on first listen. :thumb:

• Like 1

just about to switch the lights off and turn this up full blast and shut my eyes

31LJDFnCJ0L._AA160_.jpg

you will probably not hear from me again until the album has finished

you do exactly what I do when I listen to Floyd, I must admit I aint always in the mood for them but when I am the lights go off and I just escape into the music, great album by one of the greatest bands ever

In my personal pantheon of classic albums, Dark Side is to Floyd what Pet Sounds is The Beach Boys, i.e. good but not my favourite by a mile. 

My Floyd top three: 

1) Atom Heart Mother

2) A Saucerful of Secrets

3) UmmaGumma

My BBs top three: 

1) Summer Days and Summer Nights

2) Beach Boys Today

3) Surf's Up 

In my personal pantheon of classic albums, Dark Side is to Floyd what Pet Sounds is The Beach Boys, i.e. good but not my favourite by a mile. 

My Floyd top three: 

1) Atom Heart Mother

3) UmmaGumma

My BBs top three: 

2) Beach Boys Today

3) Surf's Up 

I aint keen on DSOTM at all, one of the few Floyd albums I don't own .

I'd go:

Pink Floyd:

1) Wish You Were Here

2) Obscured By Clouds

3) The Wall

Beach Boys:

1) Holland

2) Today

3) Sunflower (or maybe Surfs Up, or maybe So Tough...damn)

I also tend to agree...I like it, but it's not even in my top three favourite Beach Boys albums

What would your top three BB albums be Roberto?

See 3 posts up...although it might be a different 3 by then ;)

My Floyd top three: 

1) Atom Heart Mother

3) UmmaGumma

My BBs top three: 

2) Beach Boys Today

3) Surf's Up 

I aint keen on DSOTM at all, one of the few Floyd albums I don't own .

I'd go:

Pink Floyd:

1) Wish You Were Here

2) Obscured By Clouds

3) The Wall

Beach Boys:

1) Holland

2) Today

3) Sunflower (or maybe Surfs Up, or maybe So Tough...damn)

'Sunflower' could easily get into my BBs top three on another day. Don't like the post-'Meddle' Floyd at all though. Wouldn't give 'The Wall' houseroom. 

Â