• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Quote from Fergie in the Independent

he's achieved what he has as a manager on limited resources.

Maybe Randy has realised he can't afford to make a club which challenges and is going to run us a small surviving cheaper club. Really makes me look forward to the new season whatever

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a bad joke

We are giving the job who is infinately shitter than Mick McCarthy in the Premiership.

Worse than McCarthy?! I'm not a fan of McLeish but that's going a bit OTT...

No its actually a pretty accurate statement.

Its a bad joke

We are giving the job who is infinately shitter than Mick McCarthy in the Premiership.

Maybe in the PL but McLeish has won more overall. Plus he is a better manager in my eyes, even though I think he's useless. McCarthy is even more of a joke.

On another note, I'll be renewing my ST today. Lerner and McLeish can do what the hell they want. I support the Villa and even this shambles won't stop me from doing that.

On another note, I'll be renewing my ST today. Lerner and McLeish can do what the hell they want. I support the Villa and even this shambles won't stop me from doing that.

Just you and me then! ;-)

Just you and me then! ;-)

For some reason

popped into my head.

:lol:

The guy on SSN has the inside track.

The 2million compo is TRUE

The legal situation in very simplistic terms:

They can't prove we tapped him up.

Although it can't be proved it looks very dodgy on our part. (we obviously did tap him up btw)

So it goes through a long legal process ending up at some court who will hear the arguments for and against but as it's a grey area and to be "fair" we will end up having to pay them compo , but not the full amount they want. Henceforth we have the 2 million out of court settlement to save all this b0llocks.

There is no basis under which Birmingham City can take Aston Villa to court. They can complain to the FA/Premier League, and seek some kind of enquiry, but their only legal dispute is with their former manager.

If Aston Villa decide to throw them some money so that they (Birmingham) can save face, and the new manager is not burdened with a legal case, then that is a different matter.

Personally I think that they should give them nothing. The work in a legal case is done by the lawyers anyway, so the involvement of McLeish would be minimal. Plus there is plenty that points to the likelihood that Birmingham wouldn't gain anything from any action.

1. No Radio silence or blackout was words used by MM on H & V.... FB post merely said similar. Why would Randy need to be at VP to order such a tightlip policy... he's the CEO!

He wouldn't. The point I was trying to make is that the majority of people at VP wouldn't actually know anything, if all meetings had taken place elsewhere.

4. There's bin so much going on I knw I've read it somewhere but apparently RL is buying a house in Corsica.. that's y his jet his there alot. He went to stay with GH's brother for a few days and loved it so is sorting out a house there to stay somex. Think u might track his jet going there a fair bit from now on...

That was me posing a theory about why it was there a couple of times without him. We'll see in the future if that theory is likely to be something more.

Its a bad joke

Maybe in the PL but McLeish has won more overall.

If your read the first post again you will see it quite clearly says in the Premiership.

I take it we'll be hiring his chief scout, who was sacked from sha causing AM to 'resign'....

AM's got a load of work to do now....

Cool, let's just let him get on with it then.

I can't see any point in slagging him until he really **** up, same as anyone else.

Dear Mr. Lerner,

Since your arrival at Aston Villa Football Club, you have been a model chairman. You have improved the club on and off the pitch, and have helped to cultivate a better public perception of AVFC. Your enthusiasm for all things Villa has been first class. You seemed to grasp footballing culture. How it has been forged. The heritage. The traditions. The passion.

However, should it happen, this mind-boggling appointment will demonstrate a complete lack of empathy with the Villa fanbase. In fact, it will demonstrate complete disregard.

I hope and pray that it will not, but June 17th 2011 could become the day that you disconnected from Aston Villa Football Club. The appointment of Alex McLeish could be enough to pull the plug on the enormous amount of goodwill you have built in your tenure at Villa to date and ruin your legacy here.

For the good of AVFC, the fans, the players, and your-good-self... Please think this one through.

I take it we'll be hiring his chief scout, who was sacked from sha causing AM to 'resign'....

AM's got a load of work to do now....

Cool, let's just let him get on with it then.

I can't see any point in slagging him until he really **** up, same as anyone else.

I agree (although I still don't want it to be true)

Wonder when the poll 'how long till AM f**ks up' is made up and posted!??!?!

Dear Mr. Lerner,

Since your arrival at Aston Villa Football Club, you have been a model chairman. You have improved the club on and off the pitch, and have helped to cultivate a better public perception of AVFC. Your enthusiasm for all things Villa has been first class. You seemed to grasp footballing culture. How it has been forged. The heritage. The traditions. The passion.

However, should it happen, this mind-boggling appointment will demonstrate a complete lack of empathy with the Villa fanbase. In fact, it will demonstrate complete disregard.

I hope and pray that it will not, but June 17th 2011 could become the day that you disconnected from Aston Villa Football Club. The appointment of Alex McLeish could be enough to pull the plug on the enormous amount of goodwill you have built in your tenure at Villa to date and ruin your legacy here.

For the good of AVFC, the fans, the players, and your-good-self... Please think this one through.

Yeah ...... you should have left us without a manager for the entire summer just to keep the fans happy and then watch the team get relegated for certain.

Fans know best Randy - let them run the club !

Pathetic !

Dear Mr. Lerner,

Yeah ...... you should have left us without a manager for the entire summer just to keep the fans happy and then watch the team get relegated for certain.

Fans know best Randy - let them run the club !

Pathetic !

yeah

cos McCleish is the only manager in the world so we had to get him

maybe youre not disappointed with how things have turned out

but if not i dont know why you support the villa

you presumably do it without passion

or perhaps you are a 'fan' of all midlands clubs

Its a bad joke

If your read the first post again you will see it quite clearly says in the Premiership.

So what?! You could swing it and say McLeish has a better record in Scotland and on the international stage. Or to keep going with this pathetic thing, McCarthy has a better record than Guardiola in the PL...

Its a bad joke

So what?!

So the original point made was correct, I'm not saying it means anything especially.