• Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Ron Toss has posted this on facebook:

"Tom Ross

I now hear from within game that RAFA is out of the running to replace Houlier... the list is shortening by the minute.."

Rubbish or fact? Who knows.

Hmm from my last post I found this in regards to Tigana from when he was at Fulham which again ticks the boxes for me

Tigana's philosophy has always been that football's "a simple game", that "when you have the ball you're strong and when you don't, you're weak". So Fulham work hard to retrieve the ball and do not waste it. Down at the training ground at Motspur Park on Thursday afternoon, Tigana could be found coaching and coaxing his players in the art of using the ball properly.

There's a lot of magic about Jean Tigana. Any player at Fulham - or in France - will tell you that he has a wonderful talent for making good players great. I talked to Michel Platini two weeks ago and he said, `You have a great coach'."

Tigana's formidable application may stem from his late arrival in football; he walked the streets of Marseilles as a postman before his professional career took off, carrying him to 1984 European Championship glory. He works all the daylight hours, and many of the darkness ones, watching videos and preparing the team for what he calls "the great adventure". Blending loan signings, homegrown players and intelligent buys into a cohesive force, Tigana will attack United with a side costing only £6.5 million.

"Tigana's a very good manager at psychology," explains Saha, an appealing, smiling figure as he holds court at Motspur Park. "He gave me more confidence, got me to work harder in front of goal and that is why I am scoring more." Twenty-one and rising.

All the players laud Tigana's "relaxed" approach with one caveat - they have to deliver. "Once or twice this season we've felt the full force of his unhappiness," says goalkeeper Maik Taylor, almost wincing at the memory of Tigana's anger.

The Frenchman's approach is more scientific than Keegan's off-the-cuff style. "There's much more emphasis now on playing out from the back and keeping possession," adds Taylor. "To be honest, we never really did a lot of teamwork before. Kevin Keegan just had us feeling we were the best players in the world and we just went out and managed to get results."

A selection of quotes in the telegraph from when he was at Fulham, that would tick all the boxes for me and if I remember correctly he had them playing nice football, also won Besiktas their first trophy for 8 Years while in charge. Count me in.

http://tinyurl.com/3jll6cs

Not sure if anyone as posted this but the Villa_Insider on Twitter has reared his head again.

David Moyes. Claudio Ranieri. Not neccesarily in that order.

Then a later tweet they post.

For those sending me abuse. I'm not saying it's done. I'm saying that's what I'm hearing. See my tweets from 2 September 2010.

Tweets from said date

This is NOT confirmed and just a rumour flying around the office. I'm NOT saying it's definite. Houllier.

He mentions GH many times that day and I believe that GH became manager Sept 8th?

Hmm from my last post I found this in regards to Tigana from when he was at Fulham which again ticks the boxes for me

Tigana's philosophy has always been that football's "a simple game", that "when you have the ball you're strong and when you don't, you're weak". So Fulham work hard to retrieve the ball and do not waste it. Down at the training ground at Motspur Park on Thursday afternoon, Tigana could be found coaching and coaxing his players in the art of using the ball properly.

There's a lot of magic about Jean Tigana. Any player at Fulham - or in France - will tell you that he has a wonderful talent for making good players great. I talked to Michel Platini two weeks ago and he said, `You have a great coach'."

Tigana's formidable application may stem from his late arrival in football; he walked the streets of Marseilles as a postman before his professional career took off, carrying him to 1984 European Championship glory. He works all the daylight hours, and many of the darkness ones, watching videos and preparing the team for what he calls "the great adventure". Blending loan signings, homegrown players and intelligent buys into a cohesive force, Tigana will attack United with a side costing only £6.5 million.

"Tigana's a very good manager at psychology," explains Saha, an appealing, smiling figure as he holds court at Motspur Park. "He gave me more confidence, got me to work harder in front of goal and that is why I am scoring more." Twenty-one and rising.

All the players laud Tigana's "relaxed" approach with one caveat - they have to deliver. "Once or twice this season we've felt the full force of his unhappiness," says goalkeeper Maik Taylor, almost wincing at the memory of Tigana's anger.

The Frenchman's approach is more scientific than Keegan's off-the-cuff style. "There's much more emphasis now on playing out from the back and keeping possession," adds Taylor. "To be honest, we never really did a lot of teamwork before. Kevin Keegan just had us feeling we were the best players in the world and we just went out and managed to get results."

A selection of quotes in the telegraph from when he was at Fulham, that would tick all the boxes for me and if I remember correctly he had them playing nice football, also won Besiktas their first trophy for 8 Years while in charge. Count me in.

http://tinyurl.com/3jll6cs

Blimey, we are seriously scrapping the bottom of the barrel now arnt we?

One guy has came to the club and expressed his desire to take on the job..This man helped re-invent a new model into Barcelona FC..He won 2 titles and a CL with them and they hadnt won a thing in 7 years.. He is a massive name in football, has loads of connections, plays beautiful football, excellent at coaching and bringing through the youth. Its a flippin no brainer.....Frank Rijkaard step froward.. :twisted:

I would not believe anything SSN comes up with. I would imagine we've already contacted and interviewed the candidates so to say that we have contacted Rafa now tells us **** all.

SSN didn't even know GH was going until 12 hours after Kendrick broke the story.