• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

So I missed the last 40 pages after last nights TS Twitter feed and Villa_Insider both claiming Moyes was to be sorted today.

What's the crack with that? Still presume nobody is any the wiser?

Correct.

Though Mcleish is now favorite on the bookies, with no information in the public domain to explain why. I personally feel it is because of the twitter feed regarding the "ginger scotsman".

Free money on BetFair if you wish to lay Mcleish.

Can you help me out please mate - never laid someone on Betfair before and it's confusing me somewhat.

Firstly why are there three columns on every manager with different odds? Don't get that at all, surely they are offering one price?

Then when you click on a manager - McLeish for example - why does the 'Backer's odds' arrow allow you to change the odds? Also, what is that 'Payout' and 'Liability' option about?

And lastly, if you aren't already tearing your hair out, why when I stick £25 against Owen Coyle to be manager does it say returns £312.50 - that seems far too high. Surely if McLeish is more of a favourite at present his lay odds would be higher than someone like Coyle?

Thanks in advance

VAL

Bump. FAO VillaLi0n.

Just PM'd you bro - was out dropping the wife off somewhere.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Randies jet carries enough fuel for a non-stop jaunt to Barbados. The usual route would be across to Newfoundland, then hence south through New York to Florida.

The Trees said he left for the States on Friday.

The thing is, where did his jet go once it entered US airspace.....

Now, Randy does not strike me as a guy who would take a break at such a crucial time. If he is, then i would wager he already knows the identity of the our new manager, and knows exactly when he will start.....

Simply put, unless Randy is meeting someone, then i think hes playing games, with the aim of keeping the press off whom he has lined up...just like we did with Bent.

Have you got your house on Mark Hughes or summit?

If only :lol:

Im just convinced this is all a game to hoodwink the press. Now if its not Hughes, whom?

Im also sure Houllier would have advised aswell, and im pretty sure we would of listened to it, and since we flew back to Corsica on Thursday, in Randies over used plane, its possible we are still listening to him....

So we could be in for a rabbit out of the hat situation....

If not, we have major problems, and i dont think Randy is major problem type of guy. Likes the quiet life, and likes the adulation :winkold:

Matt Kendrick from the mail:-

David Moyes, Frank Rijkaard and Mark Hughes remain high up the fans’ wish-list of new bosses following the latest online poll on the Birmingham Mail website on Friday.

But Villa’s hopes of recruiting any of them remain slim for different reasons and their new favoured choice is not believed to come from that trio of high-profile names."

Claudio Raneiri anyone ?

Last week I mentioned about Ranieri and Moyes on the General's thread 3 times and each time I posted, it was taken off, don't know why....mmm...???

Other people mentioned other manager names and their posts were not taken off.

Would like to read more into it, but your posts were probably removed because the mods have re-iterated 100's of times not to ask the general questions about managers or players. But you never know! :)

I asked the General about other manager names and they were not taken off.

I dont think Randies jet carries enough fuel for a non-stop jaunt to Barbados.

Who the **** is Randie??

It must be a slow day on here, if your picking up on typo's! :lol:

you're not your :winkold:

edit - I always wanted my 1000th post to be the best, and it is...

im not in the know or anything, but im just putting all the pieces together logically. ( i may be totally wrong, but it all seems to make perfect sense )

Villa_Insider on twitter is very accurate and last year she posted about houllier and bent 1 week before it was in the press. she was also very correct on stephen Ireland even before Milner was even talked about leaving

last night she posted a load of facts which make a lot of sense:

Villa_InsiderAstonVillaInsider

@ryann_walmsley what do I achieve from lying? Also, see my tweets September 2010 re houllier.

16 hours ago

First contact this year 4th june. Contact was made last august -Moyes was interested but EFC said no. Moyes wouldn't quit-RL admired loyalty

16 hours ago

When Martinez was staying, whelan had nothing to lose by going public. Complimented AVFC but secures PR coup, boosts fan morale and st sales

16 hours ago

Deal was similar with wigan and all other clubs - 'stay quiet or all bets are off'. Same between SAFC and AVFC on bent transfer.

16 hours ago

Media will not be briefed by AVFC or EFC on this, as per deal agreed between Faulkner and Kenwright.

16 hours ago

My source is rock solid, see my tweets re Houllier last September.

16 hours ago

AVFC asked fulham for permission to speak to hughes. Were denied. Hughes quit, expecting a clear path to job. Lerner instantly turned off.

16 hours ago

Martinez was on a shortlist of 7 when process started. Martinez declined the invite last week. Whelan decided to capitalise on this.

16 hours ago

Ok, this is what i know so far re #moyestovilla. Not sure it's done but it's been bubbling since June 4th.

16 hours agoFavoriteRetweetReply

ALSO,

JamesDoddTSJames Dodd

@astonvilla_view Yeah its dead quiet just have to sit and wait really, we are always hearing diff bits! Moyes or McLeish, preference?

9 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

JamesDoddTSJames Dodd

Still waiting for news on the #AVFC managers appointment, will let you know if we hear anything.

37 minutes ago

JamesDoddTSJames Dodd

@spenceavfc My gut feeling is Moyes but I wouldn't be surprised by McLeish, either way Villa need to get it sorted, hold on to players & buy

1 hour ago

JamesDoddTSJames Dodd

@spenceavfc My thinking exactly! Surely Lerner would go all out and go for Moyes? Something will come out today I'm sure, ill keep posted.

1 hour ago

JamesDoddTSJames Dodd

@julzdyer You'd think that they would go all out for Moyes but McLeish wouldn't be that much of a surprise would it?

1 hour ago

JamesDoddTSJames Dodd

Interesting to see that @skybet have McLeish as favourite and PaddyPower have Moyes fave for #AVFC job. Was told a Ginger scotsman! #Villa

Something doesn't add up about those tweets:

Randy cancels interview with Mclaren due to fan backlash, yet is willing to go with Mcleish?

I think most Villa fans would take even Mclaren over Mcleish all day long...

Yea something doesnt add up and do you know why? He knows sweet fa thats why, ill happily say that ill donate 2 grand to villatalk if mcleish is even on the shortlist. There is absolutely zero chance of this ever happening.

Very quiet on here today. Just thought I'd quickly check in.

Obviously no news regarding Moyes? Just pure speculation.

I can't see how Randy would ever consider McLeish? It just seems that the press have caught onto the fact that a twitter rumour about a ginger scot has been doing the rounds and have put 2+2 together and come up with 5. Same with the boomakers.

So we are none the wiser.