• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it looks done so theres no point in taking out our frustration on mcleish. he's an innocent party in all this. can any of you say you wouldn't have taken the villa job if you were in his position? no chance. he's come to a bigger club, better team and one backed by more money, of course he was going to take it

our collective issues here lie with the board, who have approached this whole thing with in real charlie chaplin fashion. faulkner needs to go, the "advisors" we have need to go, and lerner needs to put in more money than he ever has before and hope to sweet **** that things turn out better than we all anticipate.

if you've got issues, don't take them out on the manager or the players, take them out on the board. when the players are on the pitch support them, at least until we're 10-15 games into the season and we have a fair idea of how the mcleish thing is going to turn out. if they're playing utter garbage with nonsense tactics then by all means, let your views be known about that. but lets not start crucifying the manager because he decided to take a much better job when it was offered to him

Btw - IIRC Aitken did so well in his (very) short period in charge (all be it inly friendlies) that there were calls to keep him on in some capacity. We don't need any more hatred so let's not go looking for it eh?

Have you heard all the BS they are spouting on SSN? Theopinions of the fans have changed in the last hour and now we want to give him a chance. I can't believe hoe the **** media control what we all think. If they want to get the real impression they should have a look at VT for a while.

Here's looking to mid table at best with boring football next season - Oh and we will always be last on match of the day as well.

well it looks done so theres no point in taking out our frustration on mcleish. he's an innocent party in all this. can any of you say you wouldn't have taken the villa job if you were in his position? no chance. he's come to a bigger club, better team and one backed by more money, of course he was going to take it

our collective issues here lie with the board, who have approached this whole thing with in real charlie chaplin fashion. faulkner needs to go, the "advisors" we have need to go, and lerner needs to put in more money than he ever has before and hope to sweet **** that things turn out better than we all anticipate.

if you've got issues, don't take them out on the manager or the players, take them out on the board. when the players are on the pitch support them, at least until we're 10-15 games into the season and we have a fair idea of how the mcleish thing is going to turn out. if they're playing utter garbage with nonsense tactics then by all means, let your views be known about that. but lets not start crucifying the manager because he decided to take a much better job when it was offered to him

I agree. I mentioned this earlier. Bottom line is, McLeish has done nothing wrong in what has turned into the sorry states of affairs that were widely reported by the media. As much as it pains me to say, Moxley was bang on!! Complete and utter shambles.

I agree that PF has to go. I have given the guy credit in the past, but it obviously quite clear to anyone outside of Villa Park that he has no football knowledge and personally I think he is becoming more of a hindrance than an asset. But it will be very hard to shift him from the furniture of the Villa board, as he has RL very much in his pocket.

So would that mean getting rid of Randy as well. Well, be careful what you wish for.

I still hold hope that it isn't McLeish. With no official announcement (yet) I still hold out hope. I'm not as football suicidal as some are over the appointment, but I really had hoped for an exciting name with an exciting approach to the game. I thought it would cheer the AVFC world. I like taking chances the Sanchez guy sounded fun. Rikjaard would have been exciting. Premier League experience is a safe, but not very exciting criteria.

I thought we had too many fans that were ridiculously over the top with the Houllier complaints. (Didn't say critics had no basis, just that I thought they were over the top. I imagine a few may be regretting their venom.) Anyway, I thought they had probably won. Apparently I was wrong. It's clear that the board does not make decisions based on the most vocal critics in the fan base. I was annoyed that the "Houllier out" hysteria appeared to have worked. Clearly the "Houllier out" group had nothing to do with it.

Well, a board that will make decisions regardless of the hooting hysteria of fans is in reality a good thing. But this is the first decision they have made that I really don't think is a good one. Until it's official, I'll keep hoping that McLeish is NOT our man. IF and when it becomes official, I'll hope and cheer for incredible transfers and incredible success. But I have to say that while I'm not sure that the board is right, it's clear they have courage.

I agree. I mentioned this earlier. Bottom line is, McLeish has done nothing wrong in what has turned into the sorry states of affairs that were widely reported by the media. As much as it pains me to say, Moxley was bang on!! Complete and utter shambles.

I agree that PF has to go. I have given the guy credit in the past, but it obviously quite clear to anyone outside of Villa Park that he has no football knowledge and personally I think he is becoming more of a hindrance than an asset. But it will be very hard to shift him from the furniture of the Villa board, as he has RL very much in his pocket.

So would that mean getting rid of Randy as well. Well, be careful what you wish for.

I've learnt that lesson from wanting Houllier out for the last season.....

As much as it pains me to say, Moxley was bang on!! Complete and utter shambles.

yeh its quite sad to admit he was right.

Can't blame McLesih wanting to come here and just hope he changes my views on him but yeh this whole managerial search was a shambles and the perception of the board is incredibly damaged - irreversibly perhaps.

Compo stuff is nonsense according to Kendrick.
'course its nonsense- surely that would be tantamount to admitting to the tap-up

Nice photoshopping Gareth,

Good job i didn't top myself and went straight to OS to check! Phew......

Fair play McLeish, you have balls, if you pull it off you will be a legend and we will sing how the city and their manager is ours. Mess it up and you'll never be able to set foot in the city of Birmingham again.

Prove us wrong!

Have'nt posted for a couple of days, but my view on this saga is just 'INSANE'. Cannot understand what the fook has gone on, after all the managers speculated we end up with, what must be the worst choice it could ever have been. But Although I cant agree with how the board have handles this, I cannot disrespect them with the money they have put into our club especially the 24 mil they paid for our lover Mr D Bent!

Anyhow back to reality. Dont shout at me, but he, Mc Leish has potential. I dont think Ancelotti could have kept bloose in the league with that team of players. That McLeish scraped a trophey with them must show something.

Hence the quote at the top. I will stand by that quote as we all should, and see how it pans out. But unfortunately he wont have too long to prove it!