• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

i don't get all of this...

Randy approaches Wigan the correct way, Martinez turns us down politely, Wigan chairman thanks Villa for the nice way we approached them

Randy supposedly "tapps up" Mcleish, Mcleish resigns & Randy says well he's a free agent he's quite within his rights to speak with him, blues kick off as you would expect them to

Do these two actions sound like the same man?? Has Randy become so desperate, he's lost all his morals???

Think its a different situation.. Wasnt the scout sacked by E-Mail? And McLeish who was livid by the actions of the board did the same?

Ive nothing against McLeish at all.. I think he is an ok guy but just not good enough to manage a club with aspirations of trying to achieve a top 4 place..

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of this makes any sense. Every excuse we've heard for not appointing a manager has been completely contradicted with this.

Hughes not wanted cos he quits Fulham. McLeish quits Blues.

McLaren not wanted cos of fans reaction. Check the FB page and current protest at VP for McLeish fan reaction.

The board have put their foot down and are adamant that they are right.

I am adamant that unless McLeish is given the best part of £70m we are ****.

Notice SSN read out the "talks have been productive note" just when the protests get going.

Flames, fed, media, fury!

Well politicly friday night we good night to announce it.

I reckon though its 50/50 - Lerner has miscalculated here - I think the actions of the last 24 hours will have shaken him. Problem is I think we are down to AM or Gmac - through poor handling of this - and the exclusion of Hughes - I reckon he is out of options.

Randy approaches Wigan the correct way, Martinez turns us down politely, Wigan chairman thanks Villa for the nice way we approached them

Randy supposedly "tapps up" Mcleish, Mcleish resigns & Randy says well he's a free agent he's quite within his rights to speak with him, blues kick off as you would expect them to

Do these two actions sound like the same man?? Has Randy become so desperate, he's lost all his morals???

Think its a different situation.. Wasnt the scout sacked by E-Mail? And McLeish who was livid by the actions of the board did the same?

Ive nothing against McLeish at all.. I think he is an ok guy but just not good enough to manage a club with aspirations of trying to achieve a top 4 place..

McLeish isn't good enough to manage a club wanting to finish in the Top 17 let alone Top 4.

I really dont understand the people who are saying a protest is "smalltime", "chavy", "makes us look ridiculous" etc. What are fans meant to do if they are now happy with something at the club? As long as its peaceful etc what is the problem! If these people think a protest is unnecessary because AM is a good choice for villa then good luck to them - but if they dont think that then what do they suggest?!

Surely it is better to make a stand now rather than when he is actually appointed, afterwards not attending games, not buying kits when he is. After he is appointed then fine get behind the team, attend the games and spend your money on villa, as if we dont then the only people who will suffer are the fans!

The way i see it if you dont want him, then say now!

Gus Poyet is an option. Paul Lambert another. We are not out of options our board just doesn't have a clue when it comes to managers.

They didn't even appoint MON.

It's this Premier League experience bullshit that is killing us. Someone should tell Randy that top quality manager's can be found in the Championship (and I don't mean McLeish).

Moyes came from Preston and is exactly what RL wants.

McLeish isn't good enough to manage a club wanting to finish in the Top 17 let alone Top 4.

The annoying thing is that we are not all that far away a top 4 spot. A few decent signings and a top coach to point our very talented youngsters in the right direction and we have a chance to catch or keep up with Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs... The final CL spot IS achievable with the right manager.. Blimey give Rijkaard etc 60m to bring in 3 or 4 decent players to mix it up with our existing players and we will be on fire.

Delph, Bannan, Albrighton and Clark under the coaching of a manager like Rijkaard is just mouthwatering stuff... McLeish wont be able to develope these players in the same way....Its so depresing.

The folks that turned out to protest are not happy fair enough. But that means the vast majority who didn't go are happy to give big eck a chance.

one things for sure I bet a lot of you wish you had backed my Steve campaign now.

I'm starting to think Hughes told us to do one weeks ago as he's lined up for Chelsea

Hughes left Fulham when he got the Chelsea call. He didn't quit his job for no reason.

Yup

Guys, do you think and this may sound a little sceptical.....But randy strikes me as the sort of character and businessman who will ignore any negative press. Ok, the protesters have made a stand today and done it in a dignified way. However, would Randy Lerner attempt to ignore anything that has happened over the last 24 hours? Obviously he will have his advisors on hand to report anything, but for all we know; he may have prepared himself for this and stated that under no circumstances does he want to hear anything to do with fans unrest, protests or anything concerning events at Villa Park. I know it would be very difficult for him to ignore it, but it could happen. He strikes me as the type who once his mind is made up, that is that!

The folks that turned out to protest are not happy fair enough. But that means the vast majority who didn't go are happy to give big eck a chance.

no it doesnt. i didnt go but i'm not happy to give him a chance.

(it was just because i couldnt cover the 1200kms by 6pm...)

I'd rather we continue with GMac and Sid than stump all this money up plus a long, lucrative contract to McLeish

Utter Madness !!

I wouldnt, the football under Gmac was terrible. Mcleish has a better chance of attracting players. Just being realistic.

one things for sure I bet a lot of you wish you had backed my Steve campaign now.

haha no and no

2k people went with 24hrs notice, how many people work / dont live local / had other plans or like me are absolutely fuming but dont think randy would change his mind if 20k turned up

and if it was mclaren id still be fuming and we'd still be a laughing stock

These protests are nothing to do with his ability, that is total bs. It's all to do with Birmingham, which I can't really understand...we're linked with Ben Foster and no one says anything negative...if McClaren was appointed, would there be protests? No! If McLeish was coming from Sunderland, would there be protests? No

Just forget about Birmingham and concentrate on Villa!

I'm banking on the fact he (Lerner) will listen to the fans.

Poyet is an option. Lambert isn't an option (close ties with St.Martin apparently). Rijkaard an even bigger opportunity as long as they drop this stupid 'prem experience' constraint.

No it doesn't mean that at all and it's remarkable that you've reached that conclusion.

Gus Poyet is an option. Paul Lambert another. We are not out of options our board just doesn't have a clue when it comes to managers.

They didn't even appoint MON.

It's this Premier League experience bullshit that is killing us. Someone should tell Randy that top quality manager's can be found in the Championship (and I don't mean McLeish).

Moyes came from Preston and is exactly what RL wants.

This is exactly why ive arranged a poll on the other thread.

When it gets enough votes I will post a link onto the General's thread and ask him just to reconsider the criteria the board have set for this search. Randy needs to know that just because the likes of Moyes, Hughes, Ancelotti are not gettable, thats it not the end..There are other options available.

I would deffinately take a shot at Poyet over McLeish..