• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think im going to take a year off the premier league and go to damson park for solihull moors

its been coming what with the money and greed etc and the villa has been the only thing keeping me going, but this has finally sent me over the edge

2604qxd.gif

that sums up most peoples feelings nicely

made me laugh anyway.

on to randy, if and it is a big if...... mccleish is appointed, it means randy is looking for a way out of the club.

he knows he wont be welcome at the club any longer and neither will the general or any other board member on match days.

if he thought doug ellis went through unpopular times, he really wont have seen anything.

when there are more people outside the ground just standing facing away from the turnstyles on match day. blocking anyone form getting into the ground leaving it with just away fans in it he may then get the message.

this is why he wont stab us all in the back

I don't give a monkey's that AM managed Blues, its just that I think he is a shit manager who is miles below the level we should be aiming for. The only conclusion is that we are incapable of attracting anyone better.

Forget the club he managed what matters is he managed to get them relegated twice in three years and I don't think he actually had to bad a group of players to work with. He was given money whilst he bought some excellent players like Dann but he also bought some total shite. That cannot be blamed on the Board.

Appointing AM (and don't think it won't happen as there seem to be no other candidates in the frame) tells all our players, our fans and transfer targets the level of our ambition which is pretty much just to exist in the Premier League. And that my fellow Villans is exactly where Ellis had us.

Proud History yes, Bright Future? No **** chance.

Make a note of 14 June as this where our dreams ended. I've already my renewed my season tickets at a cost of £1,040 and I would have done whoever is appointed manager. Beyond that I can't see myself supporting the club, for me support both ways.

Maybe just maybe AM will be a huge success but I think its a huge gamble by the club. A cheap cheap solution that betrays our total lack of ambition.

This period in Villa's history is the darkest since we went down to the old 3rd Division. We might be in the PL but not for much longer if this board don't get its act together.

I have never seen such despondency and disgust aimed at the Villa hierarchy in over 40 years of supporting Villa and no amount of free badges, scarves and banners will get RL out of this mess. Only the appointment of a top manager with a pedigree for playing quality football will appease the fans now.

Watch the attendances slump massively if McLeish or some other dross manager is appointed.

We have had enough. Bright future and Champions League football my arse. In 5 years RL has turned Villa into the laughing stock of the football world and the sports media.

Well, I'm not trying to pretend I'm ITK, but I had a feeling we'd end up with McLeish! I can't say I'm enthused but I'm sick of reading about it now - if he gets the job I'll be behind him because he will be Villa Manager and I love the Villa!

I'm trying to console myself with the view that he has won as much as MON both North & South of the border! However, if he buys either Roger Johnson or Fat head Gardner I'm officially giving up!

Welcome Alex, please prove us wrong!

Also i never wanted MON as manager but still backed him why cant other "fans" back McLeish. Also he was equal MON at his time at Rangers with a more limited budget

How many times did O'Neill relegate Leicester?

Oh thats right - no he never did.

Also O'Neills football might be direct but its never been the negative , anti-football of McLeishs.

Big bug difference.

Awful appointment if it happens . Truely awful.

Great letter nik986, I really hope he reads it.

Thanks, I wont be handing back my season ticket or not turning up, but i want the board to know my feelings. If that means having a banner while at the game and sending letters to the board every day, i'll do it.

Also i never wanted MON as manager but still backed him why cant other "fans" back McLeish. Also he was equal MON at his time at Rangers with a more limited budget
Yes equal to MON in Scottish football, but in the prem?????

THIS!! What makes me laugh the most is the fact that the board have in essense stuck two fingers up to the fans and to the media. Firstly, they are using this to suggest to the media that 'YOU WERE WRONG'. We didn't listen to the fans regarding the McClaren embargo. This appointment would just prove that fact. And it also says to the fans; we know best. We may not be avid football fans, but when it comes to business we know what is best for Aston Villa FC. DO YOU HECK! ABSOLUTE CRAP!!

clueless-excuse.jpgCoaster%20Fuck%20Bollocks.jpg

for god sake actually taking a little time to think about this im now not even bothered about finishing in a good position i just wanted us to play attractive football.

i will not be soending money to go and watch shit football im broke as it is.

Whilst I'd prefer not to have AM I would be willing to give him a chance and support him as I would any villa manager.

On a side note if we do get him can we get a massive 'Welcome To Birmingham' sign for him like city did for Tevez....?