• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly can't see this happening. In fact, I won't believe it until Mcleish walks out for his first match at Villa Park. How this whole managerial farce has come to this is unbelievable. The board honestly seem to think that it's simply because of the Blues/Villa rivalry. Whilst that has a lot to do with it, it's certainly not the main reason. The blokes **** useless! He's been relegated twice out of three seasons with Blues in the Prem and was shite for Rangers. He won the League Cup whoopdy **** do. That was as a result of a cock up of monumental proportions. What sort of player does the board honestly think will a) want to sign for a man of this calibre & B) want to stay at a club with a man of this calibre.

If I was a Villa player I'd be getting my agent looking for a new club sharpish...

A Villa fan had a message on TS when I was in the car saying "Villa ST holder for 21 years, just spent my ST money on a holiday" Who can blame him? He's not going to be the only one that's for certain.

Randy et al will have lost a lot of respect after this pathetic hunt for a new manager. Not only with Villa supporters but with the footballing world alike.

RANT OVER

I still dont think he'll be appointed, to be honest I cant see him wanting the hassle, it would be a nightmare for him not only on matchday but with the amount of nutters there are around I doubt he'd feel too comfortable wondering around outside the ground. If he does then he has balls bigger than Lady Gaga. I also think the statement is the clubs way of saying settle down we will do it our way and get it right. Then when they dont appoint him after the interview they can say he wasnt right and they werent bowing to fan pressure. Nope just cant see it.

I'm also thinking that it's not a done deal. Although I'm puzzled as to why he is even being interviewed in the first place. It's like Lerner is sticking two fingers up at us supporters by even giving McLeish an interview for the job...

I still dont think he'll be appointed, to be honest I cant see him wanting the hassle, it would be a nightmare for him not only on matchday but with the amount of nutters there are around I doubt he'd feel too comfortable wondering around outside the ground. If he does then he has balls bigger than Lady Gaga. I also think the statement is the clubs way of saying settle down we will do it our way and get it right. Then when they dont appoint him after the interview they can say he wasnt right and they werent bowing to fan pressure. Nope just cant see it.

Ye Ive had alot of interviews, trust me they don't always = jobs. In fact they **** never do!

i think its 99% certain it will be Mcleish. Now I have already renewed and won't be sending my ticket back - but what would happen if our first 3 home games are watched by an average of say 16,000 ?

Would that not make Lerners position untenable ?

well well well.....

shared vision?

After reading that statement I actually feel sick and the biggest most depressing thing is that next season every game we are going to be defending for 90 mins losing every match playing dull football, the board will be too stubborn to sack him cuz that will mean they will have to admit they are wrong.

Looks like we are going back to the O'Leary days WOOOOWOOOO! :hooray:

im guessing there is now going to be a lot of im a better villa fan than you talk but some fans on here are a bit younger and would like to experience villa succeed in something other than being a laughing stock.

Dark Times to come for villa it was good while it lasted.

just dont understand any of this and to me him being from bcfc is bottom of the list. its his negative tactics dont understand how signing goes with what the club have said in statements. surely it wont be him, look at the chaos its causing. why does randy like him??

my girlfriend did make me smile though she said 'it could be worse, it could be john barnes'

This is quite unbeleivable

I'm really struggling to see any positives

I was all for giving Houllier a chance even though I didn't rate him but this is beyond the pale

What credentials does McLeish bring? Relegated twice FFS. I couldnt care less that he is ex-SMA but he's simply not good enough for Villa

If he does come then RL's ambitions for Villa come into very stark focus

Please, please, please make it not true