• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Maybe the board wants everyone to think we are linked to managers such as Mcleish as they are unable to employ Mark Hughes until 1st July. What a perfect disctraction.

Hughes has left his job. We don't need to pretend we're not interested him. We could tell the world he'll become our manager on July 1st now

It's McLeish.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STOP BELIEVING TWEETS! 99% bollocks.

I would normally say the same but this is coming from Coop_86 who is very reliable. WE SHALL SEE.

I will hang on to some hope at least

Chris was just backing up what he'd heard independently and he is 100% reliable...

.... the tweet I saw was from a Liverpool stockbroker to Oliver Holt because he'd had a phone call about Moyes going to Villa 3 yr deal.

The tweet caught my eye earlier.

Nothing confirmed but as Chris has just tweeted hold onto your hats because this could be a very interesting few days.

Humble pie to be dished out at VP at the PC if this comes about....

Maybe the board wants everyone to think we are linked to managers such as Mcleish as they are unable to employ Mark Hughes until 1st July. What a perfect disctraction.

Hughes has left his job. We don't need to pretend we're not interested him. We could tell the world he'll become our manager on July 1st now

It's McLeish.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the terms of Mark Hughes release clause was he couldn't officially discuss a new job until after the 1st July? I could be mistaken.

I would normally say the same but this is coming from Coop_86 who is very reliable. WE SHALL SEE.

Chris was just backing up what he'd heard independently and he is 100% reliable...

.... the tweet I saw was from a Liverpool stockbroker to Oliver Holt because he'd had a phone call about Moyes going to Villa 3 yr deal.

Nothing confirmed but as Chris has just tweeted hold onto your hats because this could be a very interesting few days.

But Julie Charliee1972 is a LFC Fan and could be on a wind up. Nothing about his ore iOS tweets suggests any ITK

But Julie Charliee1972 is a LFC Fan and could be on a wind up. Nothing about his previous tweets suggests any decent ITK

It's not my fault you're stupid. In the 09/10 season we had no sponsor, during the end of that season we get a ceo to drive to get revenue in the following summer. Randy says sell to buy, wage bill too high in relation to revenue. Why on earth did we spend two seasons without a sponsor if we needed money? Why only in the summer of 2010 did we get a ceo and go try get a huge income stream like a shirt sponsor?

What was happening up until then, years of no ceo, years of no sponsor. Randy let the club get like that and only write up to the reality I'm the 09/10 season.

There is no need for the abuse is there, calm yourself.

I dont understand why your ignoring my question about how things in the past make us a poorly run club now?

But i suppose there is a reason why you ignore questions and twist everything else.

Anyway this thread is not about Randy or how things are run its how Villa fans overreact to a little tommy squeaker never mind a manager appointment.

Since randy took over he has poorly managed the club until he realised this in the 09/10 season resulting in the breakdown of relations with O' Neill. He'd he erin the club properly and increased our income by tapping the stands all other clubs did we would probably still have o'neill. The current mess is the result of Randy's mistakes in his first years here.

That is what I've said repeatedly, you just fail to understand simple English. Randy mismanaged and now we are still in that mess as he tries to fix it.

Yes, he made mistakes as an owner, considering it's the first time in football, like anyone, a player or a coach ....you make mistakes. Same with the owners, you learn from those mistakes and that's what he's doing and now rectifying. Although the view O'Neill would still be here etc...is just sheer speculation.

We've finished 11th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 9th under Randy.....I'd say overall, he's done a fine job for this club, it's a shame you don't feel that you can give a board time to work things out, a board who have put a £100 million+ into the club but that's not good enough for us ...

Well I just think the big mistake was letting the club get to the level it was financially at the end of the 09/10 season. We get a 12mil per year sponsorship that summer with fx pro, revenue we clearly needed the previous too seasons. This mismanagement led in my view to the departure of O'neill which has resulted in us being here now with a near certain pure managerial appointment.

If Randy had run the club properly from the start, had gone out and got the best football ceo he could and tapped every revenue stream we would not be here now. The blame for our relegation battle season is his.

That is my opinion and it has a very solid reasoning for it. Nothing off the cuff or random about it, I've detailed it many times before. I'd prefer a properly run club to this one.

Don't agree with this at all!

The shirt sponsor: The club went with Acorn's in support of a local charity, a move which was hailed at the time, and something I still massively respect the board for doing.

I want to go into this more; at the time one of the reasons for going with Acorns was that we couldn't get these £12m a year sponsorships that CVByrne keeps mentioning. It was a case of not being able to get big sponsorships, so instead of taking £1m or £2m deals with shit like LDV Vans, we did a VERY good thing and helped out a brilliant charity. In the mean time, we may have even made a little through promotions, maybe not. But I am really glad we partnered with Acorns instead of getting a couple of million for MON to waste on Salifou's wages. When we could attract a large deal, we did, and our partnership with Acorns continues. Fantastic owner.

Helicopter just landed at BHX from the North West. My man didn't notice who got off............ :bang:

Not normally one to fan the flames when it comes to speculation and whatnot, but doesn't Moyes own a helicopter?

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was quite happy with his lot up there; big pad plenty of acres, horse racing interests and own personal helicopter et.c. Admittedly this was offered as justification at the time as to why he wouldn't move.

I don't think it's impossible Moyes would come to us but I do think it unlikely. We probably are a better bet in some respects than Everton as far as fanbase, infrastructure and resources are concerned. But he's slowly built that Everton squad up piecemeal over the years and might feel he's only one or two players away from having a really good side. I don't think Kenwright would risk the further dent to his popularity either.

**** Randy Lerner, how did he not know that Houllier's 10 year old health issue would come back?! surely Houllier had a medical before we hired him, but i am ANGRY that Lerner listened to the doctors and not big_john_10

Well done you picked one minor point and ignored the rest. Congrats

Why is everyone still panicking about McLeish?

LMA have confirmed he quit over a multitude of reasons. He believes he was subject to constructive dismissal involving the sacking of his chief scout, the signing of players against his wishes and disrespect from the admin and board of small heath.

Helicopter just landed at BHX from the North West. My man didn't notice who got off............ :bang:

Ah you utter bolllox :)

On a serious note though, if you're going to the effort and expense to chopper someone in from the NW, why land at BHX and not some big patch of grass at (for example) BMH?

Moyes regularly travels by helicopter, so no effort and relatively little expense.

I have pictures of both sides taken upon landing and, having blown them up, enhanced and studied them, I can confirm that the passengers were..............

.....two fat Mancs :)

Why is everyone still panicking about McLeish?

LMA have confirmed he quit over a multitude of reasons. He believes he was subject to constructive dismissal involving the sacking of his chief scout, the signing of players against his wishes and disrespect from the admin and board of small heath.

So Pannu is making bollox up as suspected

Since randy took over he has poorly managed the club until he realised this in the 09/10 season resulting in the breakdown of relations with O' Neill. He'd he run the club properly and increased our income by tapping the streams all other clubs did we would probably still have o'neill.
O'Neill is/was a decent, solid manager (with a great record/rep from his days in the two-horse SPL) but with an old-fashioned and inflexible approach to management. Every season with him Villa would get out of the blocks well, and then, due to shallow squad depth/O'Neill's 70s/80s stylee preference for using the same core players week-in-week-out, would run out of steam from about February onwards. He's now a free-agent, but Fulham, West Ham and his old club Notts Forest have all passed over him to appoint other managers. His stock maybe isn't what it was.