• Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

So what do we actually KNOW?

1. We have a vacancy

2. We have contacted several clubs and potential candidates about said vacancy

3. One potential candidate declined to be interviewed.

4. RL is in Corsica.

5. AM is believed to be in Sardinia

6. DM is in the Caribbean.

7. There was an FB post allegedly from the General (although noone can link to it) that implied that AM is being considered.

8. The media know most of the above

9. Birmingham is in uproar

Is that about it.

Not really much to get upset about when you look at it like that.

A few villa talkers have taken annual leave due to stress!!

otherwise - nail on head

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was just rumour the club would have denied it at least via the indirect source of the birmingham mail. It's not a rumour.

Exactly what do you believe is not a rumour?

That the board intend to speak to McLeish about the vacant villa job.

I see. What evidence, other than supposition, is known that the board want to approach McLeish?

Colin Tatum??

Unlike Kendrick, a reporter that actually knows what happens at his club, because they are an ameteur outfit, and full of gobshites....

When you read what Pingu is saying in the press you realise that that shit club are run by complete **** dick heads.

I got an email from Aston Villa, finally replying to all of our queries," confirmed Pannu.

"As expected, their legal department said 'now Alex McLeish is a free agent having resigned, we're free to speak to him'. This confirms all suspicions. This shows what has happened.

All this shows is that AV sent an email in response to another email

"The urgency of the whole thing, with this email from Aston Villa, shows they can't even wait 17 days when the compensation is lower. It shows what this is all about.

Why would any business pass up the oportunity to save £2.4m for the sake of 17 days. With all due respect I can't see AM being snatched from under our noses even if we were in for him

"I'll be reporting what's happened to the Premier League. This is like conspiracy to defraud.

"It's borderline criminal. That's how strong I'll put it."

This isn't like anything other than defamation of character and RL should sue the smelly clearing in the woods.

The bit I like is the "finally replying to all of our queries", implying they've been waiting ages for a response.

Followed by "The urgency of the whole thing, with this email from Aston Villa, shows they can't even wait 17 days".

So we keep them waiting for a reply but we are acting urgently? Which one is it Pannu, cos it can't be both.

So what do we actually KNOW?

1. We have a vacancy

2. We have contacted several clubs and potential candidates about said vacancy

3. One potential candidate declined to be interviewed.

4. RL is in Corsica.

5. AM is believed to be in Sardinia

6. DM is in the Caribbean.

7. There was an FB post allegedly from the General (although noone can link to it) that implied that AM is being considered.

8. The media know most of the above

9. Birmingham is in uproar

Is that about it.

Not really much to get upset about when you look at it like that.

A few villa talkers have taken annual leave due to stress!!

otherwise - nail on head

yup bang on. i'd also add that a lot of people developed massive delusions of grandeur in the process. why can't we just get mourinho, we are the biggest club in the world!!! ;)

Mysteryman:

Having made a statement of it won't be McCleish based on what I was told Sunday night from what yes not my normal source but was told to bank on it that same source then telling me there might be something in it . I still am no clearer to who it could be totally confusing info and discounting all of it until I hear otherwise . Re McCleish was aware he was interested in Villa job and had heard the rumours that he may resign but more to do with his relationship with Blues absoultely nothing to do with Villa job .

Pannu instigated this media/fan frenzy by contacting US, not the other way around. Then when he didn't get the answer he wanted went public. Villa's response to me to him says 'non of your business if we speak to a man currently UNEMPLOYED.'

I don't want McLeish as his sides tend to play bloody awful football. But if he does come, he must really have a point to prove cos this would be a significant risk for both him and Villa.

Ring ring, ring ring

Villa: Hello Alex.

Alex: Hello Villa.

Villa: We dont want you as our manager and are just communicating this fact to you, your previous employer have tried to make it bigger than it is, our apologies but you know they like playing in muck.

Alex: Thank you, I would like to be considered though....

Villa: Tough titty you wont be.

There you go Villa spoken to McLeish.

Get a grip.

It still doesn't make sense if we're not interested in him then why would the General go out of his way and defend him with desperate points?

There's definitely a strong consideration because I sincerly doubt the General would even bother defending McLeish if we didn't approach him.

MM

Being blunt I believed a source when it wasn't my normal source my total cock up and apologise for it , will not happen again !!!!! . You can imagine the stick I have had in the real world and deservedly so . I still am not even sure though we are in for AM the thing is I don't know and impossible it appears to find out . Re the main target not sure where we are with it it's radio silence

Ring ring, ring ring

Villa: Hello Alex.

Alex: Hello Villa.

Villa: We dont want you as our manager and are just communicating this fact to you, your previous employer have tried to make it bigger than it is, our apologies but you know they like playing in muck.

Alex: Thank you, I would like to be considered though....

Villa: Tough titty you wont be.

There you go Villa spoken to McLeish.

Get a grip.

It still doesn't make sense if we're not interested in him then why would the General go out of his way and defend him with desperate points?

There's definitely a strong consideration because I sincerly doubt the General would even bother defending McLeish if we didn't approach him.

Could be taken like that.

Could be taken as the Generals increasingly frustrated response to fans seeming to know how to appoint a manager and its just easy, should be done yesterday, should be this should be that etc etc

Whether its be Mcleaish or Moyes or whoever.

Its not the first time he has responded in that manner.

Can somebody point me in the right direction of this facebook email the General allegedly sent? What page is it on?

This was it, taken from H&V but the original post itself has been removed from the alleged FB page:

"Richard, you know I am not going to tell you anything. I will say that the uproar over McLeish is absolutely uncalled for....he certainly has proved he can manage in the big leagues...just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him."

"First off, NO ONE is confirming a rumor...I am just stating a belief. You all cling to the fact that he has seen his lads relegated twice...well, the first time he was not with the Club long enough to make much of a difference. Secondly, ...look at the owners he has worked for and their support of him monetarily. Then look at Randy and what he provides to his Managers. Third, look at his record with other Clubs...as a Manager and player. Check with Sir Alex and ask him about the man...you will get an entirely different sense. All I am saying is that the fact that he managed BCFC should not be the driving factor. Those fans who X the man out because he managed our biggest rival just seem to miss the point. YES, Randy and the Board understand the feeliings of the Fans...we are neither deaf nor blind. At the same time, whether it would be this man or any other, we need to do what we think is right for the Club. NO action is taken without HUGE input from many knowledgeable people. Honest to goodness, if a single man can cause all the fans to abandon ship, that is a sad state of affairs. What you are basically saying is, "Randy, let us pick the Manager...we know more than you, those who are advising you, those who are in the game and know the individuals, those who make a living recommending managers and players, etc. etc" Sorry, that just doesn't seem right to me. Again, I am not confirming the rumor...just simply stating my feelings...as a FAN!!!!!!!!"

Why has MM's English got so shite? Or is some of it just lost in the copying across? Anyway, were going round in circles with this ATM.

his posts have always had the odd punctuation error. That is genuinely something ive always noticed

As I've said before..... Alex McCleish has always enjoyed a good relationship with everyone at Villa Park. If a colleague who I knew was a decent

bloke was being slagged off unfairly, then I would stick up for him too.

Not saying that the GK's statement isn't a prelude to Ginger implosion, but I'm just pointing out that's what the statement could be.