• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Steve is in talks to go back to his homeland. I just don't know where to turn.

gutted

SSN reporter who spoke to him on the phone lunchtime said that Schteve had made it clear he wanted to come back to England to manage even though there were offers from abroad particularly from Vitesse Arnhem.

I think the poster who said RL was using GH's pad for a meeting base away from the press could well be right.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got back from work, i will have a lot of reading to do to see where we are now, hopefully people have moved on from pretending martinez would be a good appointment by thinking that despite his career so far in management, that he would pull it around from a 16th placing for 2 years dragging wigan down from 11th and the 3rd worst stats in the league.

lets hope we get someone at LEAST moyes standard.

now to read 70 odd pages of posts

I wouldn't bother mate. There is nothing new to report. Not really.

Based on recent developments on Oddschecker, my thinking is that Martinez will be our next manager.

Betting with Victor Chandler and William Hill is at 4/7, Paddy Power is at 1/2, and Red32 quickly shifted to 1/9 and then suspended their betting.

Obviously it's all based on the amount of bids, but it's all becoming a bit odds on.

EDIT: Ha, and as I say that, Red32 go back to 16/11. I love the fluctuation of this market, no one really knows for sure who's gonna get the job!

Based on recent developments on Oddschecker, my thinking is that Martinez will be our next manager.

Betting with Victor Chandler and William Hill is at 4/7, Paddy Power is at 1/2, and Red32 quickly shifted to 1/9 and then suspended their betting.

Obviously it's all based on the amount of bids, but it's all becoming a bit odds on.

Just like Hughes was @ 1/20 or Rafa @ 1/2 or McClaren @ 6/5....I wouldn't take any notice.

Why ohh why Coyle.

I like the bloke really, did'nt do to bad. But when he needed to perform against Stoke in the cup, his tactics were awful. For a team to like stoke (negative football) to smash Bolton as much as they did, just turned me off Coyle. He needed that win and his team folded. So no thanks Mr Coyle carry on with Bolton.

I don't think I ever recall hearing stories of any other club holding a series of interviews before deciding on a manager. Is that just me?

I remember hearing England did when they appointed Lord Schteve McClaren, because I remember they interviewed MON and he thought he got the job. Also remember Norwich City did it years and years ago.

So I guess it's just Villa these days then. :!:

Why ohh why Coyle.

I like the bloke really, did'nt do to bad. But when he needed to perform against Stoke in the cup, his tactics were awful. For a team to like stoke (negative football) to smash Bolton as much as they did, just turned me off Coyle. He needed that win and his team folded. So no thanks Mr Coyle carry on with Bolton.

He lost one game and he isnt the right manager for villa?

I just find it rather hard to swallow that the only concrete info we get is from the Chairman of another football club.

We now know RL wrote to WAFC last week, and I beleive we'll all know by 1.30pm tomorrow.

gutted

SSN reporter who spoke to him on the phone lunchtime said that Schteve had made it clear he wanted to come back to England to manage even though there were offers from abroad particularly from Vitesse Arnhem.

I think the poster who said RL was using GH's pad for a meeting base away from the press could well be right.

Phew, just breathed a huge sigh of relief. Steve will be great at villa.

I don't think I ever recall hearing stories of any other club holding a series of interviews before deciding on a manager. Is that just me?

I've heard it mentioned regularly enough for both clubs and international posts too.

Apparently Kenny Dalglish attended an interview for the Republic of Ireland job and when he went into the room where the panel was they asked for a copy of his CV - so he just walked out.

It seems odd that people like that have to do an interview because their strengths and weaknesses are pretty apparent when you get to Premier League level.

gutted

Phew, just breathed a huge sigh of relief. Steve will be great at villa.

:lol:

just got back from work, i will have a lot of reading to do to see where we are now, hopefully people have moved on from pretending martinez would be a good appointment by thinking that despite his career so far in management, that he would pull it around from a 16th placing for 2 years dragging wigan down from 11th and the 3rd worst stats in the league.

lets hope we get someone at LEAST moyes standard.

now to read 70 odd pages of posts

I wouldn't bother mate. There is nothing new to report. Not really.

nice one, i may stop watching the news for a while i cant believe i keep falling for all these reports linking us to shit managers, and THEN reacting to posts on here when it is clear people must be on the wind up saying they are happy to be linked with poor managers.

i need some me time.

Why ohh why Coyle.

He lost one game and he isnt the right manager for villa?

Errr, I think more than one game. But I mentioned the cup game because it was maybe the most important game they played and was easily winnable???