• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me that's true. If he needs a lift, I'll drive him.

Another quote. Need I go on? Hardly a ringing endorsement of a club legend.

Anyone can pick out the negative posts. Some people didn't rate Darren Bent does that means as a fanbase on a whole we don't rate him?

YES YES YES YES......

Come On Villa, take the useless pillock.

£3m compo and Mark Hughes as replacement, BRING IT ON.

I'm sure despite what Whelan says, he knows if Bobs good enough. He's sat through 6, 7, 8 & 9 goal humiliations with him in charge, I'm positive he would " be sad to see him leave." lol

Another quote from a Wigan fan.

I think it's rather sad that even Wigan fans don't rate him. But what's even worse, totally embarassing, is that fans on here are getting excited by him.

A lot of Wigan fans do rate him. Others don't rate him. Exactly the same as Villa fans with every manager we've had in the last 25 years.

"I`m not surprised that he`s a wanted man, quite simply the best young manager around, he doesn`t just concentrate on first team affairs, in fact some accuse him of neglecting that altogether, but obviously that`s not true, he is involved in every aspect of the club, he is a follower of Johan Cruyff and he uses what Cruyff achieved at Barcelona as his model, we saw the benefits of allowing that model to run its term two weeks ago at Wembley.

I`m not saying he`ll turn the Latics into the next Barcelona, but he is shaping the club in the right way, giving a firm foundation for sustainability long into the future and a means to bring players through from schools, youth and reserve team football all the way to the first team, all our sides now play the same style at all times so that the players are accustomed to the 'Latics way`.

We are now playing superb football and have the lowest wage bill we have had since being in the Premier League, good football at a low cost with a very bright future, no wonder he is a wanted man"

There you go, from an actual adult Wigan fan. Didn't take me long to find it, happy to get you some others if you like.

...anyone can find an isolated quote from some clearing in the woods. Look on these boards.

Ah, but with these boards it's less isolated, and more the norm. :)

YES YES YES YES......

Come On Villa, take the useless pillock.

£3m compo and Mark Hughes as replacement, BRING IT ON.

I'm sure despite what Whelan says, he knows if Bobs good enough. He's sat through 6, 7, 8 & 9 goal humiliations with him in charge, I'm positive he would " be sad to see him leave." lol

Another quote from a Wigan fan.

I think it's rather sad that even Wigan fans don't rate him. But what's even worse, totally embarassing, is that fans on here are getting excited by him.

agreed, he's an awful manager imo, i have no idea why we're going for him

I posted this on the Gen's thread yesterday

"General.

I'm sure that the board of Aston Villa will deliberate the appointment of the next manager very seriously indeed to ensure the mistakes of last season aren't repeated. I'm also sure that whoever you appoint will be briefed fully on the goals & and direction the board wish to take the club in. Whoever you appoint in my eyes will be an improvement on GH but thats just personal. The appointment you make now will indicate what the realistic goals for the future are. For example:

Ancellotti - serious about pushing on to the level of CL football & attracting top quality players to VP

Moyes - Serious about challenging for a top six position, UEFA cup football & attracting good solid quality proffesionals to VP

Martinez - Serious about maintaining our premiership status and attracting players that want to use Villa as a stepping stone to other clubs & not really challenging for any honours unless we have a lucky cup run.

McLaren - Serious about completely ignoring the feelings of the fans that you covet enough to take the time & effort to trawl through hundreds of emails weekly. If this guy is appointed then unfortunately the board will lose a lot of the trust & credibility, which is rightly deserved, with the fans.

Appointing Maclaren after GH would be akin to replacing Gary Glitter as your baby sitter with Ian Huntley!!!

General - the decision the board take on the next manager will not only send out a message to the fans on the boards ambition but also a message to the players and to the rest of football. Please bear in mind my comments."

I stand by these words. Whichever manager the board appoints will send a message of its intention out. Can anyone here seriously tell me by appointing RM we are sending a message of intent of being serious about challenging for european places or domestic honours?? I'm not saying that the appointment of RM is right or wrong it just contradicts all the "5 year plan" "we want to challenge at the highest level" spin that we have been told by Randy & the board!!!

Say if wigan had lost there last two games and gone down, does anyone think we would have considered him?

He was actually 15 mins away from relegation. Doubt they would of considered him either. Fickleness.

Correct. One goal basically.

I think we are making a mistake :(

Fixed again. © Gareth RDR 2011. Reproduced by Kind Permission.

Eames you cheeky blighter, my solicitors will be touch!

:clap: At least I referenced you........

I posted this on the Gen's thread yesterday

"General.

I'm sure that the board of Aston Villa will deliberate the appointment of the next manager very seriously indeed to ensure the mistakes of last season aren't repeated. I'm also sure that whoever you appoint will be briefed fully on the goals & and direction the board wish to take the club in. Whoever you appoint in my eyes will be an improvement on GH but thats just personal. The appointment you make now will indicate what the realistic goals for the future are. For example:

Ancellotti - serious about pushing on to the level of CL football & attracting top quality players to VP

Moyes - Serious about challenging for a top six position, UEFA cup football & attracting good solid quality proffesionals to VP

Martinez - Serious about maintaining our premiership status and attracting players that want to use Villa as a stepping stone to other clubs & not really challenging for any honours unless we have a lucky cup run.

McLaren - Serious about completely ignoring the feelings of the fans that you covet enough to take the time & effort to trawl through hundreds of emails weekly. If this guy is appointed then unfortunately the board will lose a lot of the trust & credibility, which is rightly deserved, with the fans.

Appointing Maclaren after GH would be akin to replacing Gary Glitter as your baby sitter with Ian Huntley!!!

General - the decision the board take on the next manager will not only send out a message to the fans on the boards ambition but also a message to the players and to the rest of football. Please bear in mind my comments."

I stand by these words. Whichever manager the board appoints will send a message of its intention out. Can anyone here seriously tell me by appointing RM we are sending a message of intent of being serious about challenging for european places or domestic honours?? I'm not saying that the appointment of RM is right or wrong it just contradicts all the "5 year plan" "we want to challenge at the highest level" spin that we have been told by Randy & the board!!!

I actually think McClaren is a better coach than Martinez :shock:

A relegation scrap at Wigan? You don't say...

They have wantaway N'Zogbia and who else exactly? I think it's more of a commendation than a condemnation to keep them up, regardless of the margins involved.

I think it's rather sad that even Wigan fans don't rate him.

I appreciate that Wigan don't have the biggest fanbase, but it's still highly impressive that you've managed to speak to each and every one of them in order to draw this watertight conclusion in the short space of time since the Martinez story broke.

Fair play.