• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking its nailed on to be one of Moyes or Rijkaard.. :clap:

Im sure I read somewhere that Benitez was ruled out(on Ian Robs site I think).

When you think about it Rijkaad ticks all the boxes for the job, other than no Premierleague experiance.

The board were adament that developing the youth would play a huge part in making the decission on the last appointment.. Rijkaard has proven he is excellent at doing such.And the board may bring him in for talks as he is not tied down.

Where-as Moyes has bought a few youth through and has the Prem experiance. But he isnt available.

How exactly is it 'nailed on' !?

at least you've moved on from Deschamps!

Hughes was ruled out when walked from Fulham.

Ancelotti has ruled himself out.

Deschamps has signed a 2 year extension to his contract at Marseille.

McClaren is a no and some ITK have ruled him out, I also cant see the club upsetting so many fans.

Coyle, Lambert and Martinez all too inexperianced and will need more time with their respected clubs.

Jol has gone to Chelsea..

Benitez was ruled out in the Independant Newspaper as he wanted too much control(I think)

This leaves Moyes but still tied down. And Rijkaard available ..

Other than that it could be name NOBODY has mentioned?

Jol will be busy managing Chelsea as well as Fulham.

Betting has been suspended on Ladbrokes. Something happening ?

It wouldnt be the same without this question being asked night in...night out

Hah nope! I'm going to start looking forward to seeing it in future, might as well make a game out of it!

Rafa Benitez did not win the European Cup with Gerard Houlliers team. He added Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso whilst also being blessed with Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard. He also got to another European final 2 years later. It is a myth that he won a european cup on the back of something GH built

Who's going to do the honors tonight then?

I voted for Martinez.. Don't quite know why really but just thought out of all those listed he seems to prefer a nice playing style, He handled the pressure of a relegation dogfight superbly & with plenty of class & well he's young, has bags of time to create a legacy & is also an unknown quantity who could just suprise a few people with the extra potential here at Villa than he is used to..........................

Having said all that he could also be a big risk & may fall flat on his face :lol:

Who's going to do the honors tonight then?

I'll volunteer i think tonight.. you can do tomorrow

BOOKIES CLOSE THEIR BOOKS OF AN EVENING. PART 203937837837638

I voted for Hughes - realistic & solid manager - think he would be perfect for us at this moment in time.

I didn't vote for him because I want one of those unrealistic jelly like managers just for a change. LOL

I would of course have voted for Nanny McPhee though sadly there was no option for her. I just think with her ability to deal with a bunch of spoilt kids & work a bit of magic into the bargain she would have fitted in perfectly with our squad.

I would of course have voted for Nanny McPhee though sadly there was no option for her. I just think with her ability to deal with a bunch of spoilt kids & work a bit of magic into the bargain she would have fitted in perfectly with our squad.

I would second that anyday, but Ash is going so we dont need her

I voted for Moyes. I would have martinez, but only with Houllier upstairs with his knowledge and buying players. However dont think it will happen.

Still have a sneaky feeling Ancelotti will be appointed before the end of the week regardless of the apparent year break he is supposed to be taking..