fifa 12

fifa09don

i nearly won the league (div 1) for the first time, needing a win in my last game. i was 4-1 up and the other dude was down to 10 men but i crumbled with 20 minutes to go. he pulled it back to 4-4 and i brought the keeper out to try and win the ball back at the end but lost 4-5. couldn't believe it.

i only want to win the league so i can retire from h2hs, they're so boring! just want to concentrate on UT.

I've managed it 4 times now, got bored of it too. Not really played in the past week, surprised still ranked at 500ish!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been very inconsistent. I'm playing on professional. I would usually be up to at least World Class at this stage on a FIFA game, but it's not happening here. Mostly down to my incapable defending. I can't get used to the new system at all. I go to tackle and I'm just rounded every time. If a team attacks, they're guaranteed to make it into my box. I'm relying on interceptions, poor shooting and Shay Given to keep me in games because I can't tackle. This is all offline. I don't dare to play online.

As for my career mode, it's going OK. Finished 10th in my first season. I'm 6th this season having sold Bent, Dunne, Heskey, N'Zogbia, Clark - The latter two wanted to go. I have Lukaku on loan. He's brilliant. Johnny Russell is an incredible buy. Can't stop scoring. Delfouneso chips in with a few goals and Gabby is indispensable on the wing. James McCarthy was expensive, but I prefer Ireland and Jenas in the centre of midfield. Dragovic in defence is an interception king and Silvio at right back is very solid.

Any tips on defending?

I'm giving up manager mode. Playing the computer is the most frustrating thing in the entire world. It just isnt fun.

Still love the game. Will just play it online and virtual pro.

finally won the league in div 1! that league has been a jinx for me, i got back to back promotions from div 10 to 1 but i always bottled it in the top division. i have retired from h2hs now. final record: 79-24-42

its so boring though, time to stick to UT where you can have fun in the matches still whilst building a good team. pieface we should have a game sometime as we're clearly the best on VT ;)

I'm playing as Oxford in Career mode (World Class). I can't score any bloody goals. I'm getting between 10 and 20 shots in a game and am lucky if I get one in. I can bang them in no trouble with the Villa at the same level, but good god the lower level players are a struggle to score with. I've hit the woodwork more times than I've scored in the season so far. If I don't get fired I'm off to buy better strikers in Jan.

Had my first save crash t'other day. It then corrupted the rest of my saves (10 **** career modes I was 5 or more seasons into) and I had to wipe it all and start again.

On a plus note, my controller can apparently survive wall-collisions at speeds of up to 70mph.

Anybody sees a pre £30 price on this then let me know :) I'm cheap

I think you'll struggle at the moment.

Although I think Asda (may have been a different supermarket) were doing it for £25 if you spent £50 in store.

So do a weekly shop there and you may be in luck

Had my first save crash t'other day. It then corrupted the rest of my saves (10 **** career modes I was 5 or more seasons into) and I had to wipe it all and start again.

On a plus note, my controller can apparently survive wall-collisions at speeds of up to 70mph.

See there is always a bright side. Now you know! :lol:

Up to division 7. Slowly getting there. 3 straight promotions.

Left it late though, needed a point from my final game in division 8.

Lost my first game in division 7. I was 1-0 up then my PS3 crashed so I lost :(

A win and 2 draws in my other games so far.

My career mode crashed last night, I can see it there, I can open it and I can play games on it but when I save it doesn't actually save. I played for 2 hours last night, saved, quit and then opened it again later on and it was back to the first game :evil: So I've started a new one with Monaco. I'm back up to Professional now, I played Professional to begin with but it was getting stupid, went down to Semi pro and it's far too easy! It seems there is nothing in between!

I've decided I'm going to spend this evening learnign how to do tricks.

it's somethign I never use apart from the good old fashioned shot dummy.

Good idea or am I wasting my time?

David Silva can skin anyone with a waggle of the analog stick. I'd imagine good players can, definately worth a try but not on the edge of your own penalty area obviously.

They can be useful against online opponents, against the computer you are pissing in the wind though.

Also don't try to do too much when using skills. I have played loads of people on FUT (usually with FC Tekkers as their team name with a full brazilian squad), they are really good fifa players but try to beat me 3-4 times rather than just once and generally speaking I beat them.

Yeh.

I've never come across anyone online (in this or previous FIFAs) who ahve done loads of tricks and just walked round me.

In fact usually when they try tricks they don't work.

Just think it could come in useful to learn a couple of effective ones.

I discovered the "Fancy dummy" (as I named it myself) by accident. Normal shot dummy but while holding L2 (or LT). Doesn't work 100%, but looks awesome if you get past the keeper in a 1v1 using it.

Oh, and I'm never playing the computer again so it won't matter if it doesn't work vs them

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, 50 pages is a lot to dig through.

The computer has been using some drilled lofted passes, half the length of the pitch but quite hard. It's not a standard looped long ball but it's not a normal pass either.

Anyone know how that's done? They're insanely accurate with the right players...

Yeh.

I've never come across anyone online (in this or previous FIFAs) who ahve done loads of tricks and just walked round me.

In fact usually when they try tricks they don't work.

Just think it could come in useful to learn a couple of effective ones.

I discovered the "Fancy dummy" (as I named it myself) by accident. Normal shot dummy but while holding L2 (or LT). Doesn't work 100%, but looks awesome if you get past the keeper in a 1v1 using it.

Oh, and I'm never playing the computer again so it won't matter if it doesn't work vs them

I've never bothered with skill, don't even know how to dummy a shot. I'd like to learn a couple of the turns as they are quite hard to defend against. There's one turn on Fifa 12 where the play spins around over the ball and just carrys on running in a different direction? No idea how to go about learning that bad boy though.

Â