fifa 12

fifa09don

I had problems with the fake shot.

It's just hitting shoot and then pass immediately. but I could still never do it.

You have to hit pass whilst you're still holding shoot.

So like roll your thumb onto the pass button while you're shooting.

Very effective for changing direction quickly, especially in and around the box.

As I said, hold L2 as well for a fancy version.

The spinning around thing (roulette) I think is hold L2 and rotate the right stick.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, 50 pages is a lot to dig through.

The computer has been using some drilled lofted passes, half the length of the pitch but quite hard. It's not a standard looped long ball but it's not a normal pass either.

Anyone know how that's done? They're insanely accurate with the right players...

Ah drilled cross one of the most valuable tools in the locker. Pace Control button + Cross (Like you were taking a finesse shot). I play with crossing on semi but I think it over rides assistance to make the drive cross full manual. Very effective for quickly getting the ball from a deep defender to a winger and forward on the half way when starting a counter attack. In FIFA 11 you could use the same for driving a through ball to great effect but they've sadly replaced it with fancy flicks.

^^^^

Love the driven pass, hit some hellish cross field passes using that technique. One long pass I made with Delph to Gabby to score last week was probably the best pass I've ever made in a game of FIFA.

I quite like some of the flair passes too ( R1 and X on ps3 ), think you have to use them with players with flair attributes but I've some proper fun using no look passes and dragback back heels when I've been playing against mates, cue calls of " flash bastard "

Yeh I sometimes do those flair passes by accident. Never known how I do it! But they look good.

I'm a fan of the deep cross, i.e. crossing when you're in a deeper position than, say, the goal line (L1 and cross for anyone who doesn't know it)

I find quite often it gets it into that "corridor of uncertainty" and, especially playing with someone like Bent up front, it's often an easy tap in.

Upt o Division 6 now. 4 straight promotions.

Left it late though. Needed 3 wins from my last 4 games! Won the first two, lost the third (I always get hammered by people playing as Werder Bremen) so had to beat PSV to get promoted.

It was 1-1 until about the 85th minute when I won it.

On that note, who's the PSV keeper? He's unbelievable. 3 times I've played them online now and every time he's had an absolute stormer. First time I put it down to being just one of those games. But as I say, 3 times now and he's been awesome every time

On that note, who's the PSV keeper? He's unbelievable. 3 times I've played them online now and every time he's had an absolute stormer. First time I put it down to being just one of those games. But as I say, 3 times now and he's been awesome every time

It'll either be Isaksson or Przemysław Tytoń, my guess is people are opting to play with Tytoń as he was a beast on the last FIFA.

Could be him. I'll remember to check next time.

He was pulling off some ridiculous saves anyway.

How many times have people played Santos?

I think I've played around 30 games online now (26 as Villa) and I must have played Santos in 10 of those!

Was probably his height that did it, sounds obvious but the taller the keeper the better. Even a low-rated 6'5 keeper tends to perform better than a high-rated 5'11 keeper, and Tytoń's got a good rating. Last year he had the long throw ability too, not sure if he has it this year but it's surprising just how useful that can be.

I think Shay Given has a few really poor games. It's just a part of the game, but within the first 15 minutes he'll have let in 2 pretty soft goals. Is the done thing to just substitute him if you think he's just having a scripted disastrous game? Against Stoke, they had 7 shots and 6 went in. Not ideal. I can empathise with people saying career mode is frustrating especially when this sort of thing happens.

Not used Villa on career mode (I hate career mode)

But used Villa in every game except 3 that I've played online and never had a problem.

Played 4 games in division 6 last night. Lost 1 drew 3

Biggest difference is the defence. I'm getting used to it now so not leaking too many goals, but the opposition's defence seem to have gotten a lot better in Div 6. Hard to break down. My first game I drew 0-0, but didn't have a single shot. Not even off target!

Anyone know of any ways to help lag on PS3. It's not huge, but mine lags ever so slightly so that you have to press everything a split second earlier than you would not playing online. Makes reacting to the opposition obviously that little bit harder.

Could be him. I'll remember to check next time.

He was pulling off some ridiculous saves anyway.

How many times have people played Santos?

I think I've played around 30 games online now (26 as Villa) and I must have played Santos in 10 of those!

Neymar's a little shit when I play against Santos but he's shit and always gets knocked off the ball when I'm Santos. :(

I have better luck with Ganso, he's a beast in the CAM role when I'm Santos but he hardly stands out when I play against him, weird...

Up to Division 5 now.

Had my first season without promotion in Div 6, but the following season I won 4 of my first 5 games and drew the other, so i only needed a win from my last 5 games to clinch promotion. Think it took me 3 though!

Playing with Marseille now. Really like them. Use their default 4-3-3 to start and usually change to the 4-1-2-1-2 I used with Villa halfway through, The change in formartion keeps the opponent guessing. I often find if I change at halftime I score not long after halftime.

Only annoying thing is, the team I've faced most when being Marseille, is Marseille. Which doesn't seem as fun.

Â