Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Reading this article it suggests all infants can digest milk and then something changes as you enter adulthood

Obviously human being babies can digest milk. Got my info, or at least was reminded of it by a monkey cage podcast about are human beings still evolving, which covered it for a few minutes in more detail

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Next up, I wonder what happens if I scrape off the goop between a horses hoof and mash it together with crushed strawberries. 

Don’t eat it. It’ll give you the trots

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You think that's weird? I want to know how the actual **** they invented the cheese process. What they hell were they thinking mixing in the digestive juices on calves with milk. What on earth were they thinking? 

You should read the second set of ten commandments on the bible for an example of one of the things they did with milk.

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Next up, I wonder what happens if I scrape off the goop between a horses hoof and mash it together with crushed strawberries. 

We only created strawberries in the 18th century.

The following is one of my bugbears with Mrs Lifeboats. 

Man worked out how to make bread. Over thousands of years humans improved the process.   We developed complex machines that produced an exceptionally clean product that didn't have bits of twig and husks left in it.  We even built a machine that produced it in convenient square slices.  

Now we put the cr@p back into the bread.  It's intentionally made in an irregular shape.  It's not sliced.  Mrs Lifeboats buys it at 3 times the price of normal bread.   Artisan.  

19 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The following is one of my bugbears with Mrs Lifeboats. 

Man worked out how to make bread. Over thousands of years humans improved the process.   We developed complex machines that produced an exceptionally clean product that didn't have bits of twig and husks left in it.  We even built a machine that produced it in convenient square slices.  

Now we put the cr@p back into the bread.  It's intentionally made in an irregular shape.  It's not sliced.  Mrs Lifeboats buys it at 3 times the price of normal bread.   Artisan.  

You are comparing apples and pears. Comparing Shitey Witney to proper bread is just silly, they are very distant cousins

Yeah having made both types, the artisan stuff really is difficult to make.  Usually a seedy artisan one would still have fewer ingredients than a plain square loaf.  I much preferred doing the mass-production machine work though, 80% of bakers are words removed so I'd rather talk to a bread plant.

On 10/01/2023 at 04:32, theboyangel said:

I've just woken up with the chorus to Roxanne by The Police going round my head..

I posted something similar a few weeks back, when you wake up with a song in your head and no idea why.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, limpid said:

Why do you have a company called VillaTalk? :detect:

it came as surprise to me as well  :)  

I assumed its some cookie tracking type thing , wondered if anyone else got it ? 

• Like 1

On 17/11/2022 at 17:09, villa4europe said:

I'm sure I've said this before but when I went to the Guinness factory (which is a very good museum tbf) I got to the top where you can pour your own Guinness or the next floor where you can be served a Guinness and look around the city

I got to the bar and ordered my mine, a straight off love island couple strolled up next to me and started milling around... "have you got any fosters?"

I was trying my hardest not to be judgemental but failed miserably

Both drinks are mass produced tat, so not sure there's an awful lot to be judgemental about.

40 minutes ago, Risso said:

Both drinks are mass produced tat, so not sure there's an awful lot to be judgemental about.

It's a bit weird to be in a beer factory and order a lager not produced in that factory.

• Like 2

Â