Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

51 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Am I able to return to the present?

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No

Then surely the answer is 'under no circumstances would I ever get in this time machine'. 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2016 at 07:40, limpid said:

But not after a nudge. Make a pair and if you get a hold, just let them spin.

Sounds like a Reverend and the Makers lyric 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If you had a time machine, would you go in to the past or in to the future?

I've pondered this one a lot. I settled on the past - lots of unresolved mysteries to be settled, and interesting people to meet. I'd be worried about the Butterfly Effect, though.

The future is too scary, and would probably be depressing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Surely if give access to a time machine the ONLY time to go to would be 26 May 1982? 

Nah, already done that.

If you can take your knowledge and memories with you then the time of  Ceaser would be great. You could invent stuff like snooker,soccer,newspapers etc and be hailed as a great man and have heaps upon heaps of $$$. Then you could buy your owne soccer club and call it Aston Villa.

While watching vinyl I did think that it would be amazing just to go back with some knowledge but use it to live a completely irresponsible life :D I think in the first or second episode they're listening to abba and someone says nah they'll never make it, a few episodes later there's a comment about a young kid called Bruce Springsteen...you wouldn't even have to do anything! Just sign everyone you know will be huge and then go to all the parties

You could only go back in time to the point the time travel machine was invented. Or so people say!

Me.. given the choice... curiosity would get the better of me and I'd go into the future. Not sure how far though... maybe 100 years? 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

You could only go back in time to the point the time travel machine was invented. Or so people say!

Me.. given the choice... curiosity would get the better of me and I'd go into the future. Not sure how far though... maybe 100 years? 

Even though you can't return? ISIS, North Korea or Donald Trump would have ended the world by then...

I don't take risks and I like the Internet, nows quite nice.

• Like 1

Â