Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

There's a re release of a Jimi Hendrix live album today, Atlanta Pop Festival.

It looks to be retailing at £20

Now I'm not interested in that particular album, this is just a good typical example of what I was thunking.

In that Jimi is dead and the record was made 40 years ago. Who gets what proportion of the ridiculous £20?

His Dad?

A bitter two-year court battle ended in Seattle last week when Jimi Hendrix's father Al wrested back control of his son's legacy from the former estate lawyer Leo Branton. At stake was the Hendrix industry valued at around $80m comprising copyrights on Hendrix's entire recorded output, unreleased tapes, music publishing rights, photos, films, videos, the right to exploit the image of Jimi Hendrix, the works.

September 11th was a criminal act to gain access to the middle east. Inside job.

You're incredibly misinformed. Just FYI.

FYI i think you are misinformed.

Of course you do.

But then again I haven't watched "Loose Change" and accepted it as Gospel.

I guess you think we didn't land on the moon too?

His Dad?

fascinating

good to read a newspaper article that actually has the time and space to go into a subject

better his dad than a stereotype dastardly lawyer

Seems Hendrix is a bigger cash cow than I thought, I guess image rights as well as his music bring in the money.

We didnt land on the moon lol. Nasa havn't even got a photograph of our planet. Just drawings. That is even admitted by themselves. Why havn't we been back to the moon?

Im not arguing, i respect anyones view. Theres evidence either side of the debate.

I just don't take what im told as gospal, whoever is telling me.

I like to keep an open mind and question things.

Now I'm not interested in that particular album, this is just a good typical example of what I was thunking.

In that Jimi is dead and the record was made 40 years ago. Who gets what proportion of the ridiculous £20?

His Dad?

A bitter two-year court battle ended in Seattle last week when Jimi Hendrix's father Al wrested back control of his son's legacy from the former estate lawyer Leo Branton. At stake was the Hendrix industry valued at around $80m comprising copyrights on Hendrix's entire recorded output, unreleased tapes, music publishing rights, photos, films, videos, the right to exploit the image of Jimi Hendrix, the works.

His dad's dead.

A quick google suggests his sister (but also has something about a court case between her and the brother Leon over whether she should manage all of the different trusts).

I've got a couple of original Hendrix albums I liberated from my dad when I moved out!

I've also got the basics covered with a couple of 1980's re issues and the usual £2.99 bargain bin CD's.

I do like a bit of Hendrix, I'll go down the Hendrix / Jack White guitar stuff route every now and again.

In fact, time to stick a record on...

We didnt land on the moon lol. Nasa havn't even got a photograph of our planet. Just drawings. That is even admitted by themselves. Why havn't we been back to the moon?

You need to be more subtle in your trolling.

Im not arguing, i respect anyones view. Theres evidence either side of the debate.

Yep, just as I guessed.

Stop watching conspiracy theory movies and not investigating the other side of the story.

We landed on the moon. Every possible conspiracy theory about it has been debunked. If you believe we didn't then you are either misinformed, or mentally ill.

I believe in your case it is the former.

• Like 1

His Dad?

That must be years old as Al Hendrix ( Dad) died in 2002   ...

you  may be onto something you know

Moon.grover-725807.jpg

I have actually just learnt something.

Fair play to NASA, some of those earth drawings are **** good. I can just about draw a house.

" Draw the curtains"  works better ...just saying like

• Like 2

The article was 1995, it was more about 'the story' than a need to trace down hard facts.

I was just interested in the money split from a vinyl sale.

There was some piece of tat re press of a fairly standard 80's record in HMV recently, Def Leppard or somesuch. They wanted £34.99 for it. Now if the band are getting £30 of that fair enough to them if someone is dull enough to pay it.

I just suspect, as was the case for Hendrix back there, that a lawyer somewhere is getting £25, the vinyl presser is getting £5, the shop is getting £4 and the band get the 99p.

Blondie being the very obvious example where their 'manager' got them to sign all the rights over to him.

Â