Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 live said we contacted fulham to let them know we aren't interested in Hughes.

i dont get this

hughes is out of contract right now since he didnt take the option for a second year at fulham, why would we contact them?

Showing another club a bit of respect by telling them we don't want their manager so there's no need for them to worry.

he's not their manager

he's out of contract

They want him to stay, if we don't want him he's likely to stay there...

5 live said we contacted fulham to let them know we aren't interested in Hughes.

i dont get this

hughes is out of contract right now since he didnt take the option for a second year at fulham, why would we contact them?

Showing another club a bit of respect by telling them we don't want their manager so there's no need for them to worry.

he's not their manager

he's out of contract

Incorrect. Theres a clause in his contract which ALLOWS him to terminate if a better club came in for him.

Whether or not hes actually exercised that clause is still just speculation.

I've got a horrible feeling that Randy or Faulkner are gonna talk to Mclaren and he is gonna impress them enough to get the job

I sort of knew....

The amount you go on about it it's almost as if you want McClaren to be appointed manager.

i wonder how many Randy Out threads will begin if McClaren signs...... i dont think he will.

I got a good feeling we will go all out for Carlo. Randy must be fed up in wasting money in crappy managers.. hes lost 8 mil on Gerrard in 9 months... so why not spend it on Carlo now. Lets go all out... Carlo give him 50 mil kitty (inc ash sale) and lets see what he can do.

If that doesnt work..... we just a club destined for midtableness.

I've got a horrible feeling that Randy or Faulkner are gonna talk to Mclaren and he is gonna impress them enough to get the job

I sort of knew....

The amount you go on about it it's almost as if you want McClaren to be appointed manager.

Reverse psychology perhaps

I would like André Villas-Boas or Deschamps.

I expecr it will be Hughes which would be a bit un-inspiring but not terrible.

I think Gus Poyet could be worth a punt also. The guy oozes class.

i dont get this

he's not their manager

he's out of contract

No he signed a two year contract last year with a clause saying he could talk to clubs this summer.

Apparently we have rung Fulham to tell them "don't worry, we won't be talking to him".

No idea if it is correct though because I don't know why we wouldn't consider him, unless its his willingness to jump ship so easily that counts against him.

with his american accent no doubt

Faulkner - "So weve heard a lot about your great immitation accents, can you immitate an american?".

Wallybrolly - "sure thing"

Faulkner - "Say router"

Wallybrolly - says "router" completely wrong.

Faulkner - "Wow Randy he sounds just like you"

Randy - "well take him".

I cant imagine what this place would be like if Mclaren was appointed, just imagine The General's thread!

Then imagine what it would be like if we appointed Ancelotti, ultimate delight, so in there lies the answer :winkold:

I cant imagine what this place would be like if Mclaren was appointed, just imagine The General's thread!

Ahreed. It'll be like Houllier again. When he was appointed, loads of fans didn't want him and it'll be the same with McLaren. He'll face an uphill struggle from day one, just to win over the has. We have a couple of bad results and the board will be under pressure again with calls to get rid and that he should never have been appointed in the first place.

The board need to get this one right and think they should steer clear of McLaren.

I sort of knew....

Yeah, I want him so much that I'm showing him the respect of saying his proper last name. Oh, hang on a second...