Emile Heskey

R.Bear

He had a brilliant chance in the 1st half today but had no pace. I kept thinking, if only Gabby or Bent had that chance.......to be fair to Heskey he was brilliant in the 1st half today

agree had no pace but could have been a penalty, deserves credit over last few weeks for his performances though like NRC the cynial part of me thinks he looking for a new contract ;)

Dont think he is brilliant but I could see a Premier League team take a punt on him in summer though not on his current salary, maybe West Ham if they come up

The reason heskey has played so well recently because all we do is hoof. The size of heskey he should be getting flick ons. He is a poor player and has been all his villa career.

This ... people say we've played well against Bolton and WBA but it has been hoof ball all the way. AM has decided we need points so lets start with 7 defenders on the pitch and lump it to Heskey.

Theres no thought-set when making an attack - we're basically relying on a knock down luckily dropping to anyone, or a deflection like today.

Villa Park now cheers Heskey closing down a GK as we used to when Tony Daley got the ball on the wing! Thats how bad its got

If Emile Heskey is a striker, why doesn't he score goals? He may be a nice guy but in three and a half seasons he's only scored about fourteen goals.

He's earned approximately 11 million in his time with Villa which is over three quarters of a million per goal, which highlights a real problem. When are we going to realise that employing people like Graham Carr the chief scout at Newcastle could save us millions, by correctly identifying the right players to take us forward instead of just signing a "name."

did look slow a couple of times last night, but showed yet again the importance of having a bag guy up front who can hold play up from the front and play in the other players moving forward.

like carlos, a model professional, who regardless of his playing ability has been exemplary in how he has carried himself during his time at the club.

Was an absolute pleasure in Hong Kong last year, and for a man who has achieved what he has during a long career, can look back on his career with pride.

Thank you, Emile.

He may well have had a long career but for the last 5 or so years he has been consistently shite.

Are we really getting stiffy's over the fact he 'holds the ball up well at times and look! He done a cruyff turn that one time!'. I also don't buy that his workrate is up there, he shows up when he wants and even then it's barely an average performance.

Surely his recent 'better than normal displays' have nothing to do with the fact the transfer window opens soon so he is having to put some kind of effort in to display himself to prospective clubs.

He may be a nice bloke but im a nice bloke ffs yet I dont get paid £60,000 a week for doing **** all useful. Lovely bloke aside he is still one of the worst 'strikers' to ever grace villa park, man is useless.

If we offer a new contract to him it would be a bad joke. Hopefully ivanhoe is off.

I hate to see my team play with a target man. It just gives an excuse to play hoofball.

Yup.. McLeish will look to do this next season if he stays, long ball (HOOOOOF) to the target man and alot of "kick rush" football too, dark times if he stays.

I don't get it. He's almost turned into a Carew without the goals.

For 90% of the season (both this and last) he's shit, goes down way too easy, ball bounces off him, can't control or pass a football, constantly makes bad decisions and quite frankly should never be anywhere near this standard of football.

Yet last couple weeks and if you were to have never seen him play before and watched him vs Spurs yesterday, you'd have said what an excellent performance it was, determined, made sure everything both into his chest and into his feet stuck. In difficult situations where usually he'd simply lose the ball, he was turning away from a player and finding a midfield option or winning a throw in.

It seems to be motivation at times, most the season, he just never looks like he wants to be there but recently, he's fighting and scraping for every ball and looks physically dominant as well as a very tidy footballer.

Unfortunately, as said, you can't just do it for 3/4 games over the season. He needs to go, we all know that.

Really, he hasn't give us much to be thankful for but I guess people don't really have a bad word against him as a person and hard working professional and that counts for something.

Â