dudevillaisnice

Can I just add, for a 90k capacity ground, allocations of 25k to each club - and 40k neutrals is pathetic.

That's a joke! That's not even enough for Villa season ticket holders and I'm assuming not for all Everton season ticket holders either.. that's a disrgrace, I didn't realise the allocations were that low.

Chelsea are a different prospect in these sorts of games though. They are a big game team, and were unlucky (if somewhat hilarious) to lose to Barcelona and not be in the Champions League final.

They just aren't the same team in League games, and I think their home form this year shows that. Unless it's a big game, alot of their players just don't turn up.

Did they have Essien back when you drew 0-0 with them?

Chelsea are a different prospect in these sorts of games though. They are a big game team, and were unlucky (if somewhat hilarious) to lose to Barcelona and not be in the Champions League final.

They just aren't the same team in League games, and I think their home form this year shows that. Unless it's a big game, alot of their players just don't turn up.

Did they have Essien back when you drew 0-0 with them?

To be fair, Hiddink's record since hes been there has been pretty impeccable. Only lost to Spurs and drew with us in the league, then only lost on away goals to Barca. So we didn't do too bad...

Teams for the league game were:

Chelsea : Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Ashley Cole, Ballack, Essien (Mikel 60), Lampard, Drogba, Anelka (Kalou 60), Malouda (Di Santo 77).

Subs Not Used: Hilario, Belletti, Mancienne, Mellis.

Everton : Howard, Jacobsen (Jagielka 87), Lescott, Yobo, Baines, Osman (Rodwell 89), Castillo, Neville, Pienaar, Jo (Saha 90), Cahill.

Subs Not Used: Nash, Hibbert, Vaughan, Gosling.

Can I just add, for a 90k capacity ground, allocations of 25k to each club - and 40k neutrals is pathetic.

That's a joke! That's not even enough for Villa season ticket holders and I'm assuming not for all Everton season ticket holders either.. that's a disrgrace, I didn't realise the allocations were that low.

Well, we have 25k season ticket holders but some were taken back by the club for players/corporates etc.

Every Premier League club in the NW and NE has given us their allocation in order for us to sell on to fans. I hear this is normal practice though. Not that it's many tickets at all.

I would personally have given it to Hodgson, but to say Moyes doesn't deserve this sort of recognition would be wide of the mark, well done to him.
Same, Hodgson was far and away my manager of the year.

I would personally have given it to Hodgson, but to say Moyes doesn't deserve this sort of recognition would be wide of the mark, well done to him.
Same, Hodgson was far and away my manager of the year.

He would have been if he'd won the last game of the season, bastard!

Have to actually respect what the Everton players achieved this year - no strikers for most of the season, last 5 or 6 weeks of the season without Arteta and last 3 or 4 weeks without Jagielka... yet they find themselves finishing 5th and possibly an FA Cup to boot.. can't really insult that, can you?

Agreed.

Gollum, Woy Hodgson or Tony Pulis as Manager of the Year for me.

Woy just shades it bearing in mind where they were 12 months ago and where they finished this season.

Update: Just seen AG's post. Well done Moyes.

We'd do well to ape their buying policy of signing the best players from the lower divisions. The real cream would, I'd imagine still be out of reach for a team who finishes 6th (like us), so we should look to make our own stars like they have with Lescott and Jagielka (and we have with Ash).

Always has been a shite allocation, with priority given to corporates and the 'FA family,' leaves it wide open to touts.

The only good thing about it is you can be pretty confident of getting a ticket on the day if all else fails, though you pay more than face value, obv.

Always has been a shite allocation, with priority given to corporates and the 'FA family,' leaves it wide open to touts.

The only good thing about it is you can be pretty confident of getting a ticket on the day if all else fails, though you pay more than face value, obv.

Ironic really. Given the FA's huge campaign this year for 'outing the touts', yet they put the tickets right in their hands. Reward the 'FA football family' with England tickets, I'm sure they are of greater appeal to the majority.

• 2 weeks later...

We've announced some Pre season games, and there is your usual Rochdale etc.

We're also playing MLS All Stars in July and rumoured to be playing River Plate in Canada too, as well as our sister side CD Everton from Chile.

But weirdly, before this we are going to Ghana. Yes, Ghana. Now is it just me or is that really random..? The club are also going to provide a travel package for fans, so I'm led to believe.

What a strange choice of destination! :?

We're also playing MLS All Stars in July and rumoured to be playing River Plate in Canada too, as well as our sister side CD Everton from Chile.

But weirdly, before this we are going to Ghana. Yes, Ghana. Now is it just me or is that really random..? The club are also going to provide a travel package for fans, so I'm led to believe.

One of our telephonists is going, lunatic!

One of our telephonists is going, lunatic!

I can safely say I'm not! :lol:

On the Investment/takeover front - I have no idea, just hearing the same as before.

Â