Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Liverpool are always mentioned with regards to Darren Bent. Why the hell would that make sense?

His price would be around 16M given his age I would suppose, but they clearly do not have the cash for that sort of deal.

They could bid 15M for a 23 year old foreign gem if he was available, but never for a 29 year old who supposedly is not good enough for Villa.

Anyway, back to the point, he should be the first man on the teamsheet and he is one of the most proven goalscorers this club has ever had. If we have

Benteke, Weimann and Gabby as our options (let's say Bent is injured) - we would be doomed. We need goals, we are a poor team and we need to bury every sitter.

Having a player like Darren Bent is all well and good but if you can't get the ball to him he's useless

I'd say we have one of the weakest midfields in the Premierleague

He's a luxury we can't afford imo if we had decent supply he'd be first pick week in week out but i think he needs to be sold in January or the Summer so we can completely rebuild the team starting with Centre Mid

I'd rather us use the money and bring in 2 - 3 decent players than have 1 striker

Maybe Lerner will surprise us and invest to the degree where we do not need to sell him but i seriously doubt it

Grant Holt is also a journeyman striker who's best moments in his career have come at Norwich under Lambert so I think it's easier to do it with someone like Holt who probably feels a degree of gratitude to Lambert rather than Bent who quite simply dosen't seeing as he's been a prolific premier league scorer most of his career.

Bent should've started today. We were never going to create as many chances today as last week so when you're away and you get some half chances, you need your best finisher on the pitch, he wasn't

I don't thin bent is PL's type of forward really and this is the start of the seperation, I think he'll be sold in the summer, if not before.

Sorry quoted the wrong poster!

Do you think you might be overreacting on the back of another poor result ?

no, I dont think Lambert is doing a very good job at all and I think he is forcing Bent out just like he is forcing Hutton and Warnock out. Doing that with Bent is a mistake, Benteke is not the answer

• Like 1

no, I dont think Lambert is doing a very good job at all and I think he is forcing Bent out just like he is forcing Hutton and Warnock out. Doing that with Bent is a mistake, Benteke is not the answer

This.

I didn't agree with his decision to bench Bent again today but saying he's "forcing him out" is over-exaggerating just a little bit don't you think?

No.

For all you saying that no-one better would come in to replace him, didn't Everton sign Jelevic for a third of what we paid for Darren Bent?

There is better around, if you have the right people looking.

Â