Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Wayne Rooney

Carlos Tevez

Sergio Aguero

Robin Van Persie

Luis Suarez.

(in that order)

and On form Torres of course, then I'd say Bent and Hernandez are fairly similar at the moment.

I think having the 6th-8th best striker in the Premiership is a helluva achievement and one I'm thankful for. Awesome.

Hopefully stay here until end of his career.

Took his goal extremely well and had a couple of other half chances as Petrov put a couple of superb balls through to him today.

It should be remembered the likes of Heskey, Gabby and certainly NZogbia haven't played much with him and an understanding takes time to develop.

Darren Bent it a great goal scorer but he only really scores goals when chances are created for him or when he pounces on lose balls in the box as he doesn't really create his own chances. Last season he thrived on the service of Young and Downing this season so far it looks like he is going to have to get his goals from the scraps.

With Downing and Young providing the supply line we had a nailed on 20 goal a season striker, now I suspect we have a 10-15 goal scorer with the current level of creativity around him.

Its very very early days so we need not worry too much but McLeish's track record doesn't really suggest he will create a side that creates a lot of chances so we will have to wait and see. What we really can't afford though is for Bent to get frustrated with the team set up because even when he is simply feeding on scraps I don't think it is too dramatic to say I would don't think we could cope without him.

how can you say aguero's better than him joe, he's not proven in the premier league at all

But he's been a 20 goal a season striker in Spain (and not playing for one of the 2 best teams) for the past 4 years running.

I agree, he isn't proven in the premier league, but he's still a quality striker.

Pele never played in England, doesn't stop him being one of the best strikers of all time

I wouldn't worry about him making his own chances etc. we bought him for finishing and that's exactly what he has done, can't knock him. He's missed a few but he's human, top striker. One of the best finishers.

Not sure if this is in response to my post, if it was I think you might have miss understood the points I was making as in no way was it critical of Bent.

I wouldn't worry about him making his own chances etc. we bought him for finishing and that's exactly what he has done, can't knock him. He's missed a few but he's human, top striker. One of the best finishers.

Not sure if this is in response to my post, if it was I think you might have miss understood the points I was making as in no way was it critical of Bent.

I agree with Brummie, and I don't think that your post was misunderstood.

As usual your criticism was overtly aimed at the board that dared to sell Young and Downing even though neither player wanted to play for Villa! Am I right?

It was yes, I wasn't trying to point out that you were critical of him though just my take on him as a player really. :)

As usual your criticism was overtly aimed at the board that dared to sell Young and Downing even though neither player wanted to play for Villa! Am I right?

No it was my opinion on Bent in line with the topic of the thread and in the context of current and recent events.

But he wasn't lucky. Lucky would have had the ball deflecting in off a Beach Ball or something.. He was more alert than the defender, got it into a place where he could get a shot off and struck it superbly with his left foot. It wasn't anywhere near an open goal.

Agreed. There was nothing lucky about how he took the chance, the luck was in how the chance came about although he is always the man in the right place when that sort of thing happens. You make your own luck I guess.

Still he needs better service than he is getting at the moment.

He was lucky because the defenders messed up.. of course he is there at the right time (which is one of his attributes)

But still my point remains he needs service and atm it's still early days but since pre season McLeish hasn't done anything at all it seems to sorting out this issue.

No it was my opinion on Bent in line with the topic of the thread and in the context of current and recent events.

Trent, you used to be one of the most positive and entertaining posters on here and you were 100% Villa. I've watched your feelings about the club change, slowly at first then quite dramatically.

You're entitled to your opinion of course but I think it's a shame that an "agenda" seems to shape many of your posts these days.

Bent is a natural finisher and we still have the right players to supply him imo. (in line with the topic of the thread)

Â