Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

We've scored 1 goal in 7 and got 1 point in 7.

It can't get worse playing bent.

Its not about getting worse it's about how we get better. Can it get better with Bent ?

Does it matter. Its more a case of making a point to the current waste of space who plays week in week out and Bent might even surprise, though i doubt it.

Its not about getting worse it's about how we get better. Can it get better with Bent ?

Does it matter. Its more a case of making a point to the current waste of space who plays week in week out and Bent might even surprise, though i doubt it.

By replacing him with a bigger waste of space?

The definition of insanity: Keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

This has been posted a few times on here in the last couple of weeks and it really makes no sense at all.

While it may have some validity in a scientific experiment, where every little detail is carefully controlled, it is ridiculous to use it as an argument in a sporting context where there are a multitude of variables in every game.

It's not even as if we play with the same players every week. We haven't been able to field the same team for two games running since the third game of the season.

• Like 1

The definition of insanity: Keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

This has been posted a few times on here in the last couple of weeks and it really makes no sense at all.

While it may have some validity in a scientific experiment, where every little detail is carefully controlled, it is ridiculous to use it as an argument in a sporting context where there are a multitude of variables in every game.

It's not even as if we play with the same players every week. We haven't been able to field the same team for two games running since the third game of the season.

I think there's some value in it. Things are tweaked here and there but I certainly feel as if Lambert is broadly trying the same thing that's so obviously failing.

Is it easy to solve that without any kind of quality to come in to replace underperforming players or to fill a different system? No. Does that automatically mean Darren Bent should come in because Agbonlahor and Weimann aren't up to scratch? No.

If we want to make a point to the players who aren't doing enough (someone said that's what it's about earlier and I think there's some value in that, too) then bring in a kid. If that's really all it's about, it doesn't matter who it is that comes in, and I just couldn't be further from agreeing that Bent is worth bringing in for any footballing worth whatsoever.

Edited by ChrisVillan
  • Like 2

The insanity bit is people stating 'give Lambert a couple more games' or 'let's see where we are at Christmas'. That's insanity thinking Lambert will suddenly become an even average football manager if he get's more games? We could give him until the end of time and he will still be a League 1 level manager. It's like me telling my self every morning that tomorrow I will wake up as George Clooney's better looking twin? No matter how many times I say it it will never happen just like Lambert will always be shite!

The insanity bit is people stating 'give Lambert a couple more games' or 'let's see where we are at Christmas'. That's insanity thinking Lambert will suddenly become an even average football manager if he get's more games? We could give him until the end of time and he will still be a League 1 level manager. It's like me telling my self every morning that tomorrow I will wake up as George Clooney's better looking twin? No matter how many times I say it it will never happen just like Lambert will always be shite!

No, it isn't.

No, it isn't.

I've told you before I am not interested! I am not homophobic but you really need to get over me! There are so many lovely ladies in this world that I am busy for the rest of my life!

And Lambert will always be a crap manager somethings just can never be changed!

By replacing him with a bigger waste of space?

There isnt much bigger wastes of space than who we are putting on at minute.

• Like 2

Bent is about the only footballer going who can make Gabby look like a hard-worker. 

Anybody who thinks Gabby is lazy clearly doesn't watch games or has an agenda.

Not very bright, supremely limited, poor awareness, poor all round game, I agree.

To say he is lazy is wrong.

Bent is about the only footballer going who can make Gabby look like a hard-worker. 

Not very bright, supremely limited, poor awareness, poor all round game, I agree.

He can be lazy - he isn't always but he can be. 

I clearly do watch the game and yes i do have an agenda... to get him out of the team because he has been lazy this past year and struts about as if he is 

invincible because of his loyalty to Villa. 

Fortunately Lambert has started to spot this by dropping him, but unfortunately Bentkeke went and got himself sent off and he got back into the team.

If you're happy for a player to turn up for 4-5 games and score 4 or 5 goals a year then so be it.

• Like 2

Think he means lazy in his proactive thinking....just runs in a reactive sense and aimlessly sometimes.

I clearly do watch the game and yes i do have an agenda... to get him out of the team because he has been lazy this past year and struts about as if he is 

invincible because of his loyalty to Villa. 

Fortunately Lambert has started to spot this by dropping him, but unfortunately Bentkeke went and got himself sent off and he got back into the team.

If you're happy for a player to turn up for 4-5 games and score 4 or 5 goals a year then so be it.

He has made a personal success/ crusade out of villa's demise.

Â