Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I don't actually agree, I love Bent but as long as Van Persie is fit, he wouldn't get into their team.

:D he's far superior to van persie and far less injury prone

Why is he far superior?

look at their goal records over the past few years, bent is the leading premier league goalscorer over the past 4 years

Why are we even discussing him leaving when he has just arrived?

Search me. All a bit small time imo.

Anyway, if DB went to Arsenal he'd end up with his finishing being compared to Arsene Wenger's wife's at some point.

He's much better off here where we all love him and he is guaranteed to start when fit.

I don't actually agree, I love Bent but as long as Van Persie is fit, he wouldn't get into their team.
That means he'd get into there team quite a bit so, i have to disagree though i think Bent is by far a better goal getter.

Darren Bent has urged Aston Villa not to sell wingers Ashley Young and Stewart Downing in the summer.

Speculation has suggested the pair could leave Villa Park at the end of the season, but Bent believes Villa need to keep hold of them if the team is to be successful in the future.

The England striker insists every player at the club wants Young, who has just over a year remaining on his contract at Villa Park, to stay despite reported interest from Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham.

SKY SPORTS ON SKY

There's more live football on Sky Sports than ever before, including the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Clydesdale Bank Premier League, England away Euro 2012 qualifiers and La Liga. With four live Sky Sports channels, as well as Sky Sports News, you'll never miss a moment on Sky. Click here for more.

He told Sky Sports News: "Everyone in the dressing room hopes he stays because he has had a fantastic couple of years at Aston Villa and we want it to continue.

Fantastic

"He's a top, top player and he has been linked to some of the best clubs in the country and when you are playing as well as he is, it is only right.

"Stewart Downing has been fantastic since I've been here, supplying goals for me left, right and centre as well as scoring them. If we can keep hold of those two players it will be fantastic.

"Obviously, for selfish reasons, you want those two players to stay because they supply chances left, right and centre.

"If Aston Villa want to move forward we want to keep our best players and those two are certainly two of our best players."

I think the only 2 things that would keep him here would be

a) more starts

B) working with Darren and Downing

It's obvious Downing, Young and Bent love playing together and the main thing that would suffer if one of them were to leave (apart from our league position or bank balance) would be their England careers. Playing together is obviously working and with hopefully better players around them and a new manager to continue GH's work this will only get better.

Whether Bent is trying to force Randy's hand by publicly saying these things or whether he truly believes we can keep Ash remains to be seen, definitely encouraging though

Whether Bent is trying to force Randy's hand by publicly saying these things or whether he truly believes we can keep Ash remains to be seen, definitely encouraging though

Just the same all crap that gets spouted every year at the Villa, just before we sell our best players.

a new manager to continue GH's work this will only get better.

Bloody hell I hope the new manager bins all of GH's idiotic, outdated ideas and has some of his own that mean we don't spend 3/4's of the season fighting relegation!!! Why would anyone carry on with the shit we have witnessed this season I will never know?

If Randy hadn't have spent big on Bent we would be mocking up shirts with Fizzy pop on the sleeves and Bert's PorkPie Shop as sponsors on the front.

I think the only 2 things that would keep him here would be

a) more starts

B) working with Darren and Downing

It's obvious Downing, Young and Bent love playing together and the main thing that would suffer if one of them were to leave (apart from our league position or bank balance) would be their England careers. Playing together is obviously working and with hopefully better players around them and a new manager to continue GH's work this will only get better.

If Ash still insists on playing in the hole though I'd much rather he left tbh.

Â