Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I think one thing this shows is that we paid too much for him - I think £10-12m was more like his value at the time, but in our situation at that moment I suppose you can't blame us. I think he'll get up to around 10 goals for Fulham, hopefully he'll do enough to persuade them to buy, I think that would be good for him and for us.

I like bent the player, quality for us. Just didn't fit in with what he manager wanted and not a player he signed. It happens, it happens a lot at clubs. No one to blame, it's life.

Good luck benty you wouldn't have played much for us on your 80k pw

• Like 1

He wasn't good enough for the wage he was on

Did you say that when his goals kept us in the Premiership?

No I didn't and that's the point, when he scores he's worth the wage, when he doesn't he isn't

Edited by Webbs

No I didn't and that's the point, when he scores he's worth the wage, when he doesn't he isn't

And when he doesn't play he isn't worth the wage. And Benteke is a monster compared to Bent. 

So under that premise any other striker who doesn't score isn't worth the wage either?

So under that premise any other striker who doesn't score isn't worth the wage either?

Not if hes on 60-70k wage and his primary job is to score then no. Other strikers bring things to the table whereas Bent doesn't. For example Gabby and Weimann contribute defensively and get assists, Bent can't.

Not if hes on 60-70k wage and his primary job is to score then no. Other strikers bring things to the table whereas Bent doesn't. For example Gabby and Weimann contribute defensively and get assists, Bent can't.

Morpheus is to Bent what Con is to Bannan. 

• Like 1

If I remember correctly the strikers on our books when we signed bent were gabby who was injured, heskey who was, well Heskey and delfouneso with carew being released.

Without spending that £18million we would have gone down. No doubts about that.

• Like 1

Whenever i see this 'praisedmambo' somehow i always think of you.

Yes, I am Ashley Young and you are Gabby. I agree. 

Gabby looks so depressed and moody and Ashley Young just wants him to cheer up :)

Edited by praisedmambo

Yes, I am Ashley Young and you are Gabby. I agree. 

Gabby looks so depressed and moody and Ashley Young just wants him to cheer up :)

• Like 1

I like bent the player, quality for us. Just didn't fit in with what he manager wanted and not a player he signed. It happens, it happens a lot at clubs. No one to blame, it's life.

Good luck benty you wouldn't have played much for us on your 80k pw

Rooney at Man Utd is another example, perhaps even Mata at Chelsea.

Â