Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Think you've made this point many times now. IMO even if Bent is not sold he will not be incorporated back into the First Team set up, he will rot with the likes of Ireland, Bannan etc. Then potentially go on loan to a Championship club or move in Jan. But I think you might aswell forget thought of seeing Darren Bent in a Villa shirt again.

Think you've made this point many times now. IMO even if Bent is not sold he will not be incorporated back into the First Team set up, he will rot with the likes of Ireland, Bannan etc. Then potentially go on loan to a Championship club or move in Jan. But I think you might aswell forget thought of seeing Darren Bent in a Villa shirt again.

Imagine he's not sold before the end of the window and no championship clubs come in for him on loan either. Do you still think Lambert would completely freeze him out ?

Bent could still be useful to us in case of injuries and I'd hope that Lambert wouldn't be too stubborn to consider him if he knuckled down and trained hard. He could still has something to offer us.

bent wont play for villa as long as Lambert is in charge. he doesnt fit the style of play and will not/cant adapt to it. dont know why peopel think Bent will come back and be a different player

I think Bent's done here. I'm not entirely convinced that Bent isn't done full stop.

I've said this before, but I don't even think a free transfer would be the worst situation for us - we need to not pay him £8m for hanging about picking his nose - everyone knows this about our situation, so I think it'll go down to the wire and we'll accept what we can get.

Nobody expects Bent to be a different player but it cannot be that hard to make a subtle change in our preferred system should the situation arise.

Subtle? I know you don't believe that to be true. We play with a target man. Removing the target man from our system would require more than a "subtle" change.

• Like 2

I think Bent's done here. I'm not entirely convinced that Bent isn't done full stop.

I've said this before, but I don't even think a free transfer would be the worst situation for us - we need to not pay him £8m for hanging about picking his nose - everyone knows this about our situation, so I think it'll go down to the wire and we'll accept what we can get.

Its very interesting OBE that you feel Bent's days as a top player might be coming to an end. I can see where you're coming from with injuries and the long lay off. Personally i feel Bent has still a lot to offer in the right club and system but if he does move then we'll know soon enough.

Nobody expects Bent to be a different player but it cannot be that hard to make a subtle change in our preferred system should the situation arise.

Subtle? I know you don't believe that to be true. We play with a target man. Removing the target man from our system would require more than a "subtle" change.

Tonev, Gabby out wide with Bent in the middle and maybe Weimann in the hole. Not sure it would take much of a change.

Tonev, Gabby out wide with Bent in the middle and maybe Weimann in the hole. Not sure it would take much of a change.

Wigan away?? It's been done.

And it was shit.

• Like 3

No you misunderstood me. It's not the personel that are the issue. It's the entire system, our plan 'A'. Having a plan 'B' is fine, but it's not something we should rely on. What's the point in keeping him on £70k a week for 5/6 games a season when we have other players who can play that role (including Benteke himself)?

It doesn't make sense. Financial or otherwise.

This.

The "system" has hardly been a raving success either!

And it was shit.

Ah yes, and the previous 37 games were so much better?

Imagine he's not sold before the end of the window and no championship clubs come in for him on loan either. Do you still think Lambert would completely freeze him out ?

Bent could still be useful to us in case of injuries and I'd hope that Lambert wouldn't be too stubborn to consider him if he knuckled down and trained hard. He could still has something to offer us.

It would take a serious injury crisis for bent to play again, pretty obvious I'd have thought........

I'm not anti-Bent but last year when he was subbed on or started did you think "here come the goals". i don't think we should have ostracized him with the reserves but time is up.

Perhaps the crystal palace loan then sell is a good option. Let him bang in some goals in a team where he can be a bit static, get value back up and sell.

Even with this being a WC year I can't see him being motivated if he was brought back.

Â