Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Makoun beginning to find his feet, looking better today IMO. Half time came at a bad time for us, should've been 2-0 up, **** word removed linesman.

Downing running the show, quality.

Ash still misplacing easy passes.

Petrov solid-ish

Defence still looks a little shaky.

Better, need to score again early in the 2nd half.

Crushing disappointment incoming next half. Please, please, please prove me wrong Villa.

what?!?!?

come on man, the more we settled down the better we got, should be 2-0. if we come out second half like we did at everton we could be cruising in 20 mins...

they've been pretty poor, but we look SO nervous it's untrue, both at the back and going forwards.

No real fluency and I can see them scoring a couple, not through their great play but through our nervousness.

Really worry every time it comes down their left.

Am so glad we've scored - but we must play better than this. Nowhere near as good as we were at Everton.

We really could do with going 4-3-3 . Gabby has been a passenger in truth and I think some proper width would be useful.

With the amount we're lumping, the other option is Heskey for Gabby.

I agree we did look comfortable as the game went on.. although for me the defence must pay attention and concentrate at all times.. it's like they switch off at times; really annoying.

Anyway I think it's fair to say a very nervous 2nd half will be starting soon.

That second goal would have been a real settler but you know it would be a Villa match this season if we were feeling comfortable.

For what it's worth we look the better side and they seem to lack the quality up front to hurt us as long as we keep our heads.

Barton is a word removed, but I guess that's no newsflash.

Walker has been pretty poor again today, hope he can settle but Gutierrez is troubling him.

Come on boys - we can do this! Shove it up em!