Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Stop all this blaming houllier every time. Can we not see the palyers are not playing good enough, At the moment he can do nothing else. Footballers should not lose passion when staring at relegation and on 50k plus a week. If we dont win this with Evertons reserves I am resovled to blaming the players 60-40! UTV comon!!!!!!
Who picked Collins ahead of Cuellar? We're playing against a weak Everton side and we haven't scored yet!

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've looked fine today apart from our defenders falling over/being out of position/gifting it to the opposition/being too slow. I know it's results that matter and I fear that we're going down, I really do, but individually our central defence has been absolute pony whereas our midfield and attack haven't.

And Friedel should've saved that goal too. He's too old.

Yeah, we always play fine apart from the bits that are shit.

I do feel for Houllier - he has seen our attacking line up and is trying to use them to his best ability. The more and more i think of it, the Players this week have all come out and supported Gerard. Not the management team, but Houllier.

I still firmly believe that if McAllister went and someone a bit more like Houllier came in as an assistant, we would have some more character. It just seems that Houllier and McAllister are like Chalk and Cheese.

There are positives, we have had some decent spells, and they have 2 key players on yellows, and their striker looks like he's going off injured. If there was ever a game to come back in it's this one, everything is really in our favour for it.

But I doubt we will.

I do feel for Houllier - he has seen our attacking line up and is trying to use them to his best ability. The more and more i think of it, the Players this week have all come out and supported Gerard. Not the management team, but Houllier.

I still firmly believe that if McAllister went and someone a bit more like Houllier came in as an assistant, we would have some more character. It just seems that Houllier and McAllister are like Chalk and Cheese.

I'm not even surprised anymore.

I'm not even disappointed when we concede, I expect it and accept it. Houllier has sucked the passion and life out of this club.

Exactly how I felt. I didn't even swear or anything, I think an eyebrow may have raised but that was about it.

This. :(

My wife asked me why I wasn't effing and blinding when they scored, I said the same thing as you guys, I don't expect anything now with our lot..

I hate to say this but we need Heskey on. We are getting killed in the air and, like it or not, earlier in the season he was the one setting up or scoring goals to get us out of the shit.

collins is shit, do not rate him. even last season i thought he was poor for most of it and was often bailed out by dunne and by cuellar practically playing as a 3rd CB. hes spent most the game today making stupid clumsy tackles, falling over his own feet and by trying to play expansive forward passes that he hasnt got the ability to actually do

also i think we must have some of the most idiotic players in the league. just when you think they are doing ok, one of them goes and does something stupid and we end up conceding. individual errors are yet again costing us!

Close to tears here!! Feel so helpless watching this shambles, its like a really bad nightmare at the moment.

Bent isnt getting a kick playing on his own and Makoun seems to have no influence whatsoever.

I feel sorry for Houllier today. He's set us up the right way today, got us playing to our strengths, but our defenders - individually and as a unit - are sub-standard.

He's had ample time to make an impact on our defensive play. The simple fact is, regardless of personal, we've been defensively brittle.

Individual errors of that nature are nothing to do with coaching.

That doesn't wash with me. If a manager cannot improve a team's performance at this level, with so much at stake, with players our relegation rivals would kill to have in their squads, then he's not doing his job well enough.

Neither are the players mind, but they're a part of a system where they get all the rewards and suffer none of the drawbacks.

Anyone know why Petrov has been frozen out? With Young captaining this team, we're destined for the fizzy pop league, a leader of men he ain't.

cause Petrov is shit!

Cant be used in a pacey set up. You'll be asking for a pires sub next!

walker has been very poor today, as has collins

for the occasional goal or pretty football, downing does not work for our team on the right, the results have shown it week in week out and it is worse with walker behind him as walker looks to over lap ad downing just cuts back leaving walker in front of him and no one in defence at right back

downing needs to be on the left, put young on the right and have gabby up front with bent, give it 15 minutes and if no good then take off gabby and put alny on the right and move young into the middle of the park just in front of nrc and makoun

try something for **** sake