Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for Houllier today. He's set us up the right way today, got us playing to our strengths, but our defenders - individually and as a unit - are sub-standard.

He's had ample time to make an impact on our defensive play. The simple fact is, regardless of personal, we've been defensively brittle.

The defensive issues are obvious and there for all to see.

What really worries me is the attack.

Downing, Young, Agbonlahor and Bent, yet somehow we've not forced a save all half?

What's the point of two class wingers when you have two centre forwards who want to play on the shoulder of the last man?

I feel sorry for Houllier today. He's set us up the right way today, got us playing to our strengths, but our defenders - individually and as a unit - are sub-standard.

How do you work that one out? He's got a player who 12 months ago was an international left back training with the stiffs and replaced him with a right back who is better than the guy who is actually playing right back. :lol:

Jeez how many games do we read that ?

Hes destroyed the spirit and the soul and fckd us up o the pitch with too many rubbish tactivcs and positional mistakes, as well as changing a style that suited.

It is no good him finally now making a couple of better decisions he has already ruined it.

Feel sorry for him ?

I would n't say on an open site what I feel for him after what he has done to us.

He's had ample time to make an impact on our defensive play. The simple fact is, regardless of personal, we've been defensively brittle.

You can't polish a turd, and our central defenders are shit.

Strangely our defenders were good enough to get us challenging for top 4 last season.

Must have been pure luck that.

They looked pretty polished to me last season.

Individual errors of that nature are nothing to do with coaching.

Sometimes you've got to change the tailor not the cloth.

I'm not even surprised anymore.

I'm not even disappointed when we concede, I expect it and accept it. Houllier has sucked the passion and life out of this club.

Exactly how I felt. I didn't even swear or anything, I think an eyebrow may have raised but that was about it.

This. :(

They are shit. You cant dress a turd no matter how long you have.