Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I can see most of our better players having a contract like that
You'd think so. I'd wonder though, given our recent seasons, if they ever contemplated even needing to put a clause like that in. I wonder would any of them be caught out in that scenario.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As highlighted above the real issue will be the massive drop in ST sales.....that will see him off.....unfortunately ticket prices will be cheaper in any case....in the Championship!

Well as an added kick in the nuts dont assume on the prices being cheaper. When the Baggies were relegated their season tickets went up in price.

As highlighted above the real issue will be the massive drop in ST sales.....that will see him off.....unfortunately ticket prices will be cheaper in any case....in the Championship!

Well as an added kick in the nuts dont assume on the prices being cheaper. When the Baggies were relegated their season tickets went up in price.

They dont want to put the ST prices up even if we stay in the prem.

Any idea when the ST prices will be released? Is it normally after the end of the season?

Any idea when the ST prices will be released? Is it normally after the end of the season?

Its usually about 3/4 weeks before the end of the season. I doubt they'll say anything while we're in danger of going down.

I do know that an easier and longer payment scheme is in the pipeline. Possibly a direct debit thing.

One way or another we're in for a fascinating summer. Stay up, keep him, sack him? Go down, sack him, keep him? Spend big, get rid of players? Move Houllier upstairs, appoint another Manager? Young, stay or go? New players, new contracts. Loads of stuff going on. Does Randy trust Houllier to siort it all?

And don't ask me to spill how I know as I don't want to get the guy in trouble. But Houllier won't be sacked. From what I've been told Randy blames Dither for being the cause of the state we are in and Dither ALONE.

Dither being MON?

I can see this being the case tbh. No way will Houllier be sacked, people need to wake up to this. He'll be given the first half of next season bare minimum. He was backed with 30m in January!

If we go down then the finger is pointed at the Americans, and not the "ditherer".

Never blamed them before but I think the Americans and their Ginger mate are to blame for dithering and persisting with someone who is so obviously not up for the job. Whatever went before and however the yellow bellied prick walked out and left us there has been a good enough sqaud to not be in this situation now.

A bit OT but why did we buy Bent? Complete and utter waste of time in the circumstances as we are not really scoring many more goals as we don't provide the service.

Earned his transfer fee vs Man City. We'd be bottom without that goal atm. Once the team has some confidence it will be worth it. He's had 8 games and 3 goals, a brace over the next 2 games continues his 1 goal in 2 game ratio, which is exactly why we bought him. Unfortunately he's had 2 games for England that he isnt used to having and got a goal in each of those games instead of the 1 he owed us in his 8th game :P. (Both delivered by Ash from Out Wide might i add)