Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Would it not be worth considering gettting Kevin Mac back in charge.

Lets face it, Houllier has been out of the game for years and has demonstrated that times have severly changed. At least Kev worked under the wing of MON and is more up to date with the modern game with his coaching of the youth academy. Garry McCallister has done nothing to improve the situation either.

Maybe (if necessary this could be done on the quiet) Keep Houllier's title as manager, but get Kevin to make the sqaud decisions behind the scenes. Get us safe and then come to an agreement with Houllier in the summer. After all Houllier has lost the changing room now and the players were happy to play for Kev.

Sorry to quote my own post !

But another point is that, Isn't it a job of any manger to get on with all of his staff, to ensure they are happy and therefore get the best performance out of them ?

Isn't that the basic principle of any manager, not just but football but in our everyday jobs ?

If Houllier is falling out with all of our players and then having the immaturity to say "Fine, then you will not Play anymore" surley that is bad managment because it is compromising the teams success. We have a good defender in Stephen Warnock, had the opportunity of Irleand and now he seems adamant to P**S Richard Dunne off.

Why is the board not taking notice of this ?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, we've got two weeks before the Everton game. Sack Houllier tonight and then spend this forthcoming week bringing in someone else.

Don't dick around like last time by bringing in headhunters to identify potential candidates followed by a lengthy, drawn out process of interviewing people.

Identify who you want (someone decent this time) and go out and get him. Don't let fatty Faulkner drag his heels like the last time around.

Oh, and before anyone says "it's not that easy!". Bollocks. Spurs tinned Ramos on the Saturday night and by the following evening, Redknapp was in place.

O'Neill back please!!
I hope you're joking.

I'd take him right now. He **** us over big time when he left but if it means staying up then I'd have to forget all that.

I wouldn't have him, I want a young manager to come in and build something

agreed, aidy boothroyd would be my choice

Oneill only **** us over so badly because his successor has been so inept. Much like people only hate Barry for leaving because he was Soo good, people only really hate Oneill because they know he was our best chance of success.

O'Neill back please!!
I hope you're joking.

I'd take him right now. He **** us over big time when he left but if it means staying up then I'd have to forget all that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There wont be another manager because we don't have a strong enough owner to sack him imo. I'm starting to think its to late anyway, i dont think a new man could fix the mess that this prick has created. Fat Sam would be the only man to get us out of this mess imo.

O'Neill back please!!
I hope you're joking.

This. I want someone young who can take us forward but is also good in the transfer market. I would love a Coyle type manager with Arsenen or Camolli as the guy bringing the players in.

Oneill only **** us over so badly because his successor has been so inept. Much like people only hate Barry for leaving because he was Soo good, people only really hate Oneill because they know he was our best chance of success.
Actually, people hate MON because he left us in the lurch and obviously with problems in the dressing room. Houllier hasn't really helped though obviously.

Actually, people hate MON because he left us in the lurch and obviously with problems in the dressing room. Houllier hasn't really helped though obviously.
How do you know there was probs in the dressing room when MON left??.

How do you know there was probs in the dressing room when MON left??.
Our dressing room problems this season have hardly been a secret. I don't think all of them are down to Houllier.

O'Neill back please!!
I hope you're joking.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

he's an excellent young manager who did a fantastic job at watford on very limited resources

Whatever Oneill did, he didn't leave us with a side that should be scrapping relegation.

He left a squad full of internationals, how those internationals have performed this year has had precisely nothing to do with Oneill.