Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Why is it Moyes who has had to giveaway one of his best players has managed to shoot Everton up to 7th, yet Houllier is making Villa look like strong relegation candidates despite keeping all the best players and splashed out 30m? Awful, just awful.

I can't believe some people on here actually defended him. Extremely poor judgement. It was obvious all the way back on the Liverpool game something wasn't right about him and now your fears are answered. Well done for being fickle.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think a new man could fix the mess that this prick has created. Fat Sam would be the only man to get us out of this mess imo.

I don't see a big mess. I see a lot of ability in our squad, a squad that is easily good enough to be comfortably sitting the top 8. What we lack is someone who can organise them, most apparent defensively, and instil belief, motivate and inspire them to go out and give their all showing the heart of what's on our crest - a lion.

There are a hell of a lot of managers in the premier league who would look at what Houllier has at his disposal with envy.

Oneill only **** us over so badly because his successor has been so inept. Much like people only hate Barry for leaving because he was Soo good, people only really hate Oneill because they know he was our best chance of success.
Actually, people hate MON because he left us in the lurch and obviously with problems in the dressing room. Houllier hasn't really helped though obviously.
How do you know there was probs in the dressing room when MON left??.
Our dressing room problems this season have hardly been a secret. I don't think all of them are down to Houllier.
Have they not?. i didn't here about anything unrest until GH took over strange that isnt it??. between him and the useless coaching staff that he's brought in i can understand why there is unrest.

There wont be another manager because we don't have a strong enough owner to sack him imo. I'm starting to think its to late anyway, i dont think a new man could fix the mess that this prick has created. Fat Sam would be the only man to get us out of this mess imo.

The thought of the big boot up field with Big Sam is quite depressing, but if he could keep us up I would go for it. Give him a short term contract with a big bonus if he keeps us up.

He would probably put Bradley in midfield, bring Carew back in the summer, sign Samba and put Carlos at right back. At least we wouldn't concede so many goals from corners, but the football would be dreadful.

Don't get too excited by this, but SkyBet have shortened Houllier's odds on lasting the season from 9/2 to 7/4.

As it'll be a small market with hardly any volume going through it, any money that is placed will move the odds quite easily.

We can only hope that someone who has lumped on knows something that we don't i.e. that he's getting sacked in the morning.

i dont think a new man could fix the mess that this prick has created. Fat Sam would be the only man to get us out of this mess imo.

I don't see a big mess. I see a lot of ability in our squad, a squad that is easily good enough to be comfortably sitting the top 8. What we lack is someone who can organise them, most apparent defensively, and instil belief, motivate and inspire them to go out and give their all showing the heart of what's on our crest - a lion.

There are a hell of a lot of managers in the premier league who would look at what Houllier has at his disposal with envy.

Oh, i agree with everything you say mark and more, but i think this useless old fool has bashed there confidance and unmotivated them so bad i think it might be to late, it reminds me so much of the season Newcastle went to the dogs.. good man Randy and good man GH.

It makes you wonder what Randy and co are playing at. Did you read the generals message? The generic response I expected. He says the club listens to the fans yet Houllier still remains spouting rubbish towards our club and not getting the right results.

I honestly think the only way Houllier will go as if he walks. Our board is clueless and gutless. It's reflecting the whole club. We have no bloody bottle and there's no way we'll win the relegation fight with the white waving flag in charge.

There wont be another manager because we don't have a strong enough owner to sack him imo. I'm starting to think its to late anyway, i dont think a new man could fix the mess that this prick has created. Fat Sam would be the only man to get us out of this mess imo.

The thought of the big boot up field with Big Sam is quite depressing, but if he could keep us up I would go for it. Give him a short term contract with a big bonus if he keeps us up.

He would probably put Bradley in midfield, bring Carew back in the summer, sign Samba and put Carlos at right back. At least we wouldn't concede so many goals from corners, but the football would be dreadful.

Faz, i dont want Big Sam here forever. at Christmas time i was calling for biig Sam to keep us up and i'm calling for the same reasons now. his football is shocking but it works and it works against so many of them smaller teams the we will be fighting to take points off.

The managers (realistically) we should be aiming for are either Coyle, Moyes or Jol. I don't was us to go through that stupid time consuming procedure of finding the 'right' guy again. The RIGHT way is to pick a manager you think is capable and use all your power to get him.

Houghton would be nice.
What, he'd take us down like he did Newcastle??. Fat Sam is the best we could hope for.

Houghton didn't take Newcastle down, Shearer did. Houghton got them promoted and stabalised in Prem (including a win at Arsenal!!)

Houghton would be nice.
What, he'd take us down like he did Newcastle??. Fat Sam is the best we could hope for.

Houghton didn't take Newcastle down, Shearer did. Houghton got them promoted and stabalised in Prem (including a win at Arsenal!!)

Oh sorry, he was part of the management that took them down. Houghton and Fat Sam as a one and two might be good??..

No to fat sam, I don't want him anywhere near VP with the anti football shite, never liked it .. never will.

As an opposition team, would you fear us more with Houllier in charge or Big Sam?? I know I would fear a Big Sam team more, and thats what we need, we've become a soft touch - we need a bit of bite!

No to fat sam, I don't want him anywhere near VP with the anti football shite, never liked it .. never will.

As an opposition team, would you fear us more with Houllier in charge or Big Sam?? I know I would fear a Big Sam team more, and thats what we need, we've become a soft touch - we need a bit of bite!

Neither.. both are predictable at times.

KMac on the other hand was a different beast.