Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Let's be honest, Houllier is going nowhere until the summer at the earliest. They won't sack him right now, if at all. Even if they did it would be silly bringing in a new manager for 8 games. I'd rather see Kevin Mac in charge again for the remainder as he already knows the players and has the respect of the dressing room.

IF by some major miracle we stay in the Premier League then I'd love to see David Moyes as Villa manager. Whether he'd come to us or not is a different story. Failing that I'd go for Martin Jol. I really liked him at Tottenham and I think that he'd do a great job for us. Unfortunately I think we will go down and the likelihood of Moyes leaving Everton for the Championship or us attracting someone like Jol would be minimal. I honestly couldn't think of a decent realistic manager that we could get to lead us back to the Premier League. Paul Lambert has worked wonders but he's on the verge of a promotion to the Premier League, why would he guide Norwich to the Premier League then leave?

Which is why it is imperative that Houllier goes now, so many big clubs e.g. Leeds go down a division and end up struggling for so long. Unfortunately it won't happen.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanted steve mcclaren before randy got gh in,i think sm has something to offer, im not a sack the manager type me,however i have had enough of gh now,i have lost faith in the man,we have 8 games to get the required points to stay in the league,im not feeling that gh can get this team going..MY BIGGEST FEAR IS THAT GH IS IN THIS FOR THE LONG HALL,i carnt see randy sacking him,if we stay up i expect the same next year.

Please god not Steve McClaren! He's the English Houllier, a cup of tea and an umbrella on the touchline at one of Englands most important games, trying to put on a Dutch accent. The guy is just as big an idiot as Houllier!!!

I don't like Fat Sams football but he would provide the best chance of keeping us up. Can't see us getting another permanent manager until this season is over if Houllier does go.

I wouldn't, I'd be overjoyed. Least we'd have a manager who is Villa through and through, will ensure the playes give 200%. Its better than the calls for Owen Coyle or David Moyes, why would they come to us? For me JG would do no worse than GH, actually i'd guarentee he'd pick up more points.

Sorry misread your above post thought you were having a go :).

are we taling replacements:-

Now

Prem next season

Championship next season

Now = KMAC or Big Sam

Prem Next Season = Coyle/Moyes

Championship next season - Lambert - it doesn't bear thinking about the options

Yeah, I meant I'd be happy.

He was a great manager. I'd love to see him back at Villa. Even if we went down, we should go and get him.

He's in Israel at the moment with FC Ashdod. Sure he'd jack that to come to Villa.

When John Gregory was first team coach alongside Brian Little he was credited as being a major part of our most successful season in many a year - 95/95 (League Cup Winners, 4th, FA Semi). Its actually the reputation and the impact he'd had on the players that got him the managers job after his few months away at Wycombe.

I've often wondered when Houllier was **** about asking any **** with Liverpool connections to work alongside him - Thomson, Hamann, Staunton, and the useless **** we ended up with G Mac, why he didn't look for someone with Villa connections to do the job, someone who could do what he must have known he couldn't - instil the same passion in the club that they had, the same pride, the same heart. That man could well have been JG. Not so sure I'd have him back as manager but he would have made an excellent assistant.

Mark, he would jack it all in Israel, Villa just have to call him, even as an assistant, defensive coach, get the guy in the door to lift the gloom around the place. Let him deal with the press conferences too as Houllier will be under too much pressure.