Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity; before GH came in, Jol was a fairly clear leader in terms of who we wanted to take the job. Now he barely gets a mention?

I realise that he left Ajax earlier in the year, but what has he done so badly this year / Moyes & Hughes done so well, to cause this rethink?

Firstly, the market wasn't as open at that moment in time, and Jol was one of the better options. Secondly, he's been out of work for a year so people have perhaps forgotten about him. I'd be happy with Jol, but it's Moyes who I really want.

Just out of curiosity; before GH came in, Jol was a fairly clear leader in terms of who we wanted to take the job. Now he barely gets a mention?

I realise that he left Ajax earlier in the year, but what has he done so badly this year / Moyes & Hughes done so well, to cause this rethink?

Firstly, the market wasn't as open at that moment in time, and Jol was one of the better options. Secondly, he's been out of work for a year so people have perhaps forgotten about him. I'd be happy with Jol, but it's Moyes who I really want.

But surely Jol is now one of the easier options to get, and hence more likely to arrive?

Accept your point about Moyes though, might find it easier to get him if we have the whole summer at our disposal.

For me its got to be Moyes - he's ready to move on and I don't buy all this "Villa is a sideways step" bullshit. We are a far bigger club than Everton with the resourses to back that up. Everton are always solid and play good football. All our recent games with them have been crackers.

Perhaps he'd also like to bring Arteta and Cahill with him as well? Possibly Tim Howard too if he likes and there is room in the car?

Oh and Baines too. There... thats the car full. :D

David Moyes 1

Rafael Benitez 5/2

Sam Allardyce 5

Mark Hughes 7

Kevin Macdonald 8

Martin Jol 8

Steve McClaren 8

Jurgen Klinsmann 12

Sven Goran Eriksson 12

Ray Wilkins 16

Gianfranco Zola 16

Didier Deschamps 20

Guus Hiddink 20

Fabio Capello 25

Frank Rijkaard 25

Louis Van Gaal 25

Slaven Bilic 25

Jose Mourinho 33

Martin ONeill 33

Diego Maradona 33

Gordan Cowans 50

Ray Graydon 50

Alan McInally 250

Morley Tony 500

David Moyes 1 Yes Please

Rafael Benitez 5/2 No thanks!

Sam Allardyce 5 No Thanks!

Mark Hughes 7 Mehhhh

Kevin Macdonald 8 No

Martin Jol 8 Mehhh

Steve McClaren 8 No

Jurgen Klinsmann 12 Interesting....

Sven Goran Eriksson 12 Could do worse

Ray Wilkins 16 No, not as manager

Gianfranco Zola 16 Could do ok

Didier Deschamps 20 Please please let this happen!

Guus Hiddink 20 Yes

Fabio Capello 25 Yes

Frank Rijkaard 25 Mehhh

Louis Van Gaal 25 Mehhh

Slaven Bilic 25 Interesting

Jose Mourinho 33 Lol

Martin ONeill 33 Lol

Diego Maradona 33 God no

Gordan Cowans 50 No, but thanks

Ray Graydon 50 No, but thanks

Alan McInally 250 No, but thanks

Can somebody explain to me why Benitez is a no go?! He was brilliant at Liverpool! And he has won more stuff than anybody on that list - almost. Why the ****, would we want a manager from the championship?! Makes no sense what so ever.

As a personality, I dislike Benitez.

As a manager, looking at where the club is currently, looking at the need for stability and the way they want the club to go, I think it'd be a very sensible choice.

We need to look beyond personalities.

Can somebody explain to me why Benitez is a no go?! He was brilliant at Liverpool! And he has won more stuff than anybody on that list - almost. Why the ****, would we want a manager from the championship?! Makes no sense what so ever.

I think its mostly because he quickly turned Champions League winning Inter and Champions League winning Liverpool into midtable teams very quickly.

Agree his CV is great and won the CL with Liverpool himself, but both clubs went down hill during his reign and i think this has marred his reputation.

For me personally I think it's the fact he pissed away a lot of cash at Pool. Yeah I'm aware he bought Torres, Alonso, Reina etc, but time after time he got it wrong, and dare I say he's just another younger version of Houiller!