Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

So, if GH decides not to continue, the new manager must get things right from day one. Whatever happens it would be nice to see the fans backing the manager, current or new, welcome him and give him time.

Houllier started his career here a disaster both on and off the pitch. As long as the new man doesn't disrespect the fans and pick a team that's cleary not our best then he should have support from the start.

"...he should have support..."? That doesn't look very comforting? :?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the English managers on the list? I chose Moyes as one of my 'take everyday of the week' choices, there were no other good managers that are English on there. You'd take my nan as manager over Hiddink or Van Gaal and that makes you an idiot.

Just joined and not got the time at the moment to go back though this thread but my shout would be Moyes and then Lambert.

Moyes has the experience and quality required and on a 'relative' shoe string always has everton there or ther abouts. Imagine if he had the backing to go out and spend like we did in January! He also isn't afriad to cast his net far and wide and can clearly spot a player.

If Moyes didn't want it id like to see us take a gamble on Lambert, he has done well at every club he has been at as a manager, playing progressive attractive attacking football and as a player clearly had the winning mentality (including winning the champions league!). He could be our SAF!

I know that this has probably already been said on previous pages but just wanted to lend my support to these two!

UTV

That list is definitely interesting.

Van Gaal

Moyes

Hiddink

Capello

Deschamps

Rikjaard

Would take any of these in no particular order, any of them would be a great capture for the club, any of them.

Bilic

Benitez

Jol

Klinsmann

Sven

I'd make do with but wouldnt be my first choice.

No to the English.

Fixed.

There are simply no decent English candidates, get over it. We are not the master race of football, or anything else, and for a good manager we need to cast our net a lot wider.

Van Gaal

Moyes

Hiddink

Capello

Deschamps

Rikjaard

Would take any of these in no particular order, any of them would be a great capture for the club, any of them.

Bilic

Benitez

Jol

Klinsmann

Sven

No to the English.

Fixed.

There are simply no decent English candidates, get over it. We are not the master race of football, or anything else, and for a good manager we need to cast our net a lot wider.

Agreed. All the English managers around bar Redknob and Hodgson are shite.

Van Gaal

Moyes

Hiddink

Capello

Deschamps

Rikjaard

Bilic

Benitez

Jol

Klinsmann

Sven

No to the English.

Fixed.

Agreed. All the English managers around bar Redknob and Hodgson are shite.

:oops: :(

So, if GH decides not to continue, the new manager must get things right from day one. Whatever happens it would be nice to see the fans backing the manager, current or new, welcome him and give him time.

No everyone makes mistakes you would just hope the mistakes are on the minimum and they are out numbered by the positives. Sadly under Houllier I'm personally not sure that has been the case.

Your post suggests Houllier wasn't welcomed, backed or given time by the fans which is simply incorrect. He wasn't everyones choice sure but no manager ever really is but most were willing to give him time, opportunity and their good will, just take a look back at the thread covering his appointment.

There is one man and one man alone who is responsible for him losing the backing of some of the fans and that is Houllier through his results, his decisions and most of all his actions and words.

Houllier is to blame for how he is viewed by the fans, nobody else. Should he be replaced whoever takes over once again will not be the choice of all fans but like Houllier they will I believe have everyone behind them hoping they succeed, how long people stay their will be down to them.

I hope Houllier will be back.

I don't. I want his spell as manager to come to an end as soon as possible personally although I wish him a full recovery.

I'm sure everyone hopes that the manager will be successful, or at least they say so. But at the same time many posters said that they don't have faith in him (or something like that) and some of them said very early that they want him out of the club.

(Not exactly quoting anyone but:) "I want him to do well here but I don't think he is the right man for us and I want him out." So...?

From what I recall I didn't see anyone post anything about wanting him out until events at Anfield, that was the only reason some lost faith with him so early and given his conduct that night I don't blame them. As I said previously, Houllier was very much responsible for losing the support of some so early it was far from being typical though.

I forgot, English managers.... Two trophies in what, 19 years?

Let's see... The English league... Founded by a Scotsman... Writings on the wall.

From what I recall I didn't see anyone post anything about wanting him out until events at Anfield, that was the only reason some lost faith with him so early...

You're probably right. I have seen so many and disrespectful anti-Houllier posts that I can't remember or think straight anymore so I'm not going to argue.:winkold:

...and given his conduct that night I don't blame them. As I said previously, Houllier was very much responsible for losing the support of some so early it was far from being typical though.

That "Anfield" was a big mistake but on this one I think our fans should be more understanding and forgiving. It was his sentimental return, but big mistake anyway I agree there.

From what I recall I didn't see anyone post anything about wanting him out until events at Anfield, that was the only reason some lost faith with him so early and given his conduct that night I don't blame them. As I said previously, Houllier was very much responsible for losing the support of some so early it was far from being typical though.

For me it was that FA Cup tie at Man City

""We started with two England players up front."

"There were also internationals in midfield and defence."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/9412252.stm

Interesting how these two England players, and these internationals in midfield and defence were subsequently dropped for the following game in the Premier League.

I mean, have a bit of respect for the fans.

We're not blind and stupid.

Anyone still smarting over the Anfield incident presumably wouldnt want to see Benitez get the job. The man is still rediculously hung up on Liverpool. It would be 20x worse than Houllier. For this petty reason alone, i'd be sceptical about appointing him.