Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay well for me GH going is the right moveas Ive said on here before - do wish him well though of course.

In terms of who would I like next, Moyes. And it almost pains me to say it but I think he would be the best man for the job. He seems to have the motivational skill similar to MON, he has worked with a small squad of whihc there are only 13/14 "top" players and has managed to perhaps ovr achieve with them (similar to MON). I think Moyes has spent well which is perhaps where MON failed and I think Moyes will be able to get the best out of our current players and also be able to add quality to the squad with the money Im sure Randy will make available to him.

Certainly not after another MON (though I did rate him in the most part) but I think both Moyes and MON have the ability to get 110% out of players which is important and I think Moyes is stronger in some areas than MON was.

My other shout would be Sven, I know some people seem to hate him but I rate him highly, brilliant manager and i for one wouldnt care if he went through a couple of receptionists or whatever a month...

Hughes looks most likely and for me I'd be as excited as I was when I found out GH was taking over. Id more likely be saying well lets see how he does rather than saying im excited to see what he does if it Moyes taking over.

FFS we need a personality that makes the star players stay and belive we do really have a shot at a 4 place and bring in new stars. not one like hughes who couldent inspire a dog with Diarrhea to take a shit

I bet you sat there giggling at yourself for coming up with such a witty insult.

Personalities don't get players with big egos to stay. Obscene wages do.

Hughes and Moyes would bring the stability we need at the moment after the last 12 months. Anyone else would be a gamble.

After a season or 2 even Moyes and Hughes can get us to wear we want to be if they are backed by the board and the fans. We need a long term vision not a fancy quick fix.

Whoever Lerner hires some people wont be happy, it is his best interest that we do well on and off the pitch, So he will make the decision he thinks is bets for the club and that is all we ask

Iv got to be honest and say that Hughes wouldn't be to bad if Houllier was to leave.

Ok, the only downside is, he wouldn't be able to convince Young and Downing to stay, and Big names coming to us would be a no go. But, I think he could do just as good a job as MON, we would be solid. And we could finish 6th quite nicely I think with him. Who knows maybe another 5 year plan we could get into those champs league spots and then maybe some names would come in (in terms of players) - but it won't be instant.

If we are to make the step up to champs league NOW we will need Ancelotti in charge. We could expect big names and maybe persuade our two wing wonders to remain. That's if we are going all out for champs league. A '**** it' approach if you will.

That's my thoughts anyway.

I keep reading the word 'Stability'. How about the words 'Continual Improvement'?

If you are happy with stable, status quo, more of the same, then fine because that shows a lack of ambition.

Iv got to be honest and say that Hughes wouldn't be to bad if Houllier was to leave.

Ok, the only downside is, he wouldn't be able to convince Young and Downing to stay, and Big names coming to us would be a no go. But, I think he could do just as good a job as MON, we would be solid. And we could finish 6th quite nicely I think with him. Who knows maybe another 5 year plan we could get into those champs league spots and then maybe some names would come in (in terms of players) - but it won't be instant.

If we are to make the step up to champs league NOW we will need Ancelotti in charge. We could expect big names and maybe persuade our two wing wonders to remain. That's if we are going all out for champs league. A '**** it' approach if you will.

That's my thoughts anyway.

Young will still leave who ever we had in charge. Ancelloti would be a gamble as if we don't finish top 6 or 4 it would of backed fired. Also someone like Ancelotti could jump ship to a bigger club at any time.

I said it earlier, folk need to be realistic about what Managers we can actually attract to Villa Park,not every man out there wants to manage our club. I believe that Hughes or Moyes for instance would bring stability and improve the team at the same time.

I keep reading the word 'Stability'. How about the words 'Continual Improvement'?

If you are happy with stable, status quo, more of the same, then fine because that shows a lack of ambition.

I meant stability for a season or two, We need a manager who will stay and build a team slowly again, It took City 2 years with a infinite of funding to make the Champions League.

If you think we can make the CL next season or even the season after you are deluded with our finances it would take 3 or 4 seasons at least to make it.

Yeah! Stability to me means, Stoke, Fulham,Bolton, Sunderland.

Im sorry but I wanna be better than these teams.

Like why would we ever want Moyes, he is ahppy with Stability too, thats why he is staying at Everton.

I see Hughes may have a bit more drive in him, but cant help thinking we need European quality manager with status, to change us for the better!

Hughes will do me fine.

He has done well at his previous jobs, seems to be liked by his players, and is the only manager to get Ireland to play to his full potential.

As a former top class striker, if he can teach Gabby to finish we will be well away :-)

I meant stability for a season or two, We need a manager who will stay and build a team slowly again, It took City 2 years with a infinite of funding to make the Champions League.

If you think we can make the CL next season or even the season after you are deluded with our finances it would take 3 or 4 seasons at least to make it.

agreed

What season were spurs struggling and what season did they get champs league after Redknapp joined?

I'm confident we have more to spend than them, and I would guess we have outspent them for a fair few years in a row.... Just a thought.