Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy, how do you know Moyes will not?

My choices;

Yes

D.Moyes

P.Lambert

O.Coyle

Maybe

M.Hughes

S.Flores

No

G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)

G.Houllier (with a new #2)

M.Jol

S.Allardyce

R.Benitez

G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)------NO

G.Houllier (with a new #2)-------NO

D.Moyes--------------------------YES

M.Jol----------------------------NO

M.Hughes-------------------------YES

P.Lambert------------------------NO

S.Allardyce----------------------NO

O.Coyle--------------------------YES

R.Benitez------------------------YES/NO

I just wonder if its worth taking the gamble on Flores or Villas Boas.

Villas Boas is no gamble but it's a bit like trying to get Mourinho. If he says he's leaving, he'll have half of Europe after him and we wouldn't have a chance. Juventus and Chelsea are already rumoured to be sniffing around him.

Flores seems to spend 2 seasons at each club, we would need somebody to come in for 10 years, we already have managers going roughly every 4 years. Maybe that is just the Spanish way though?

Andy, how do you know Moyes will not?

Personally, I don't know for definite he won't. However I'm 95% sure Moyes will not be becoming Aston Villa manager this summer. So much I've promised £20 to VT if he does come. From a few whispers I've heard, he definitely won't be coming, but as I said, I don't know "for definite".

Anyway back with my choice, Lambert has taken Norwich from a 7-1 hiding in the 3rd tier to the top table in 2 seasons. And he's no mug. My only concerns would be maybe a) A bit too much like MON B) Experience/attraction to players.

That is a difficult vote.

Id be fine with Ged for another season, but if there is even the chance of his health deteriating id be happy with Moyes, Coyle, or Lambert from that list.

Moyes

Coyle

Jol

Lambert

Hughes

Would be more than happy with all 5 of them but with happiness decreasing slightly as you get further down the list. Jol has the plus of being out of contract whereas the others aren't so we wouldn't have to pay compensation for him. This money would then be able to spend on players which would be much needed.

Moyes is a non-starter.

If you strip out the unlimited resources of the glory hunter team, Moyes is consistently the best manager in the Premiership, as his team finishes at the highest possible place for a club of their resources.

He lives in a very large mansion house on a considerable acreage well north of Liverpool, and does a lot of travelling about by helicopter. He is a man under no pressure with a very nice private life.

Villa can maybe offer him a new challenge, but in reality, not much more than he has already got.