Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

BOF, in my opinion he'd be very similar to GH. At the moment we need someone short term who is your man manager type and get's 110% out of every single player and at the moment I can't think of someone and the only one i can think of is managing a club in Israel.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do people think about giving Sven Goran Eriksson a chance? I know we laughed at the sugggestion in the summer before Houllier arrived but he has gone up t'road and done not half bad at Lee-chester in the interim, so it appears he still has it and I reckon his stock might have gone up in here since as a result of that.

Thunks?

Before Houllier was appointed and there were talks about SGE I thought he was finished as manager, but his time in Leicester has made me think that maybe he wasn't after all. But according to the reports about his meeting with RL and PF I doubt he'll ever be our manager. Today I wouldn't mind him at all.

BOF, in my opinion he'd be very similar to GH. At the moment we need someone short term who is your man manager type and get's 110% out of every single player and at the moment I can't think of someone and the only one i can think of is managing a club in Israel.

He's not at all similar to Houllier. Most players talk about Eriksson as one of the best coaches they've ever worked with. If rumours are to be believed, this is one of the biggest criticisms of Houllier. The second thing is that Sven is supposed to be very easy to get on with; a nice bloke; and a very good man manager whereas Houllier, being French 'n all, appears quite good at rubbing people up the wrong way.

They're similar in that they're both older European managers with vast experience. But I don't think you could find 2 more different personalities with different approaches to the day to day stuff.

He's not at all similar to Houllier. Most players talk about Eriksson as one of the best coaches they've ever worked with. If rumours are to be believed, this is one of the biggest criticisms of Houllier. The second thing is that Sven is supposed to be very easy to get on with; a nice bloke; and a very good man manager whereas Houllier, being French 'n all, appears quite good at rubbing people up the wrong way.

They're similar in that they're both older European managers with vast experience. But I don't think you could find 2 more different personalities with different approaches to the day to day stuff.

Yeah, I'd agree with that too. The more I think about it, yes, please.

One of the biggest issues with GH is that useless **** McAllister who was his 5th choice to be Assistant Manager. Not only is he another one who lives of past glories but he is also cursed when participating in any form of manager. I'm sure if he tried to manage a wank his nob would fall off.

What do people think about giving Sven Goran Eriksson a chance? I know we laughed at the sugggestion in the summer before Houllier arrived but he has gone up t'road and done not half bad at Lee-chester in the interim, so it appears he still has it and I reckon his stock might have gone up in here since as a result of that.

Thunks?

I didn't laugh at the suggestionm in the summer.

I thought he'd be a decent appointment, and still do.

He's a good club manager, despite a few domestic and international non-successes.

PLus I think he's ambitious, which we need.

IF Houllier goes, I wouldn't be opposed to Sven.

I still thinks Curbs isn't a bad shout - has managed at the higher part of the prem - as well as championship sides - only problem is he seems to take a while to get going - which is time we don't have. But were GH to walk as has been suggested - he would do for me.

Sven always makes you hard to beat, which is a good place to start with a team. I always thought he was harshly treated by the british press over his record with the England team. The managers who have followed in his footsteps have shown that maybe he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. I think he would be an ok and gettable appointment for the club, although that ship may have sailed if we rejected him before when Houllier was appointed.

Chris Hughton was the guy I was thinking of, anyway I quite liked what he did with newcastle and seeemd to be liked by the newcastle players there.

Though that is the limited knowledge I have of the guy.

I still thinks Curbs isn't a bad shout - has managed at the higher part of the prem - as well as championship sides - only problem is he seems to take a while to get going - which is time we don't have. But were GH to walk as has been suggested - he would do for me.

There's a reason he has been out of a job so long I think.

When I see a few managers names getting thrown around on here I always think of the players they buy. For example MON was awful at buying players apart from 1 or 2. Houllier respectably, has done a good job at it.

There's a reason he has been out of a job so long I think.

The reason he has been out of a job - is that he sued West Ham for unfair dismissal - that doesn't look good to prospective employers.

Don't get me wrong he's no messiah - but could keep us up - and wouldn't be a bad bloke for next season if we go down.

Another thought - not ground breaking, but the continued backing of the manager in the face of fan backlash is vital I think in terms of recruiting the next manager - it proves to any prospective replacements they won't be entirely at the whim of the changing tides in fan opinion.

Which is better than having a chairman who'll chop and change the moment it gets a bit rough.

So that's also why it's important to keep GH til the summer at least imo.

My vote is still the same as it was before GH and that is for Sven.

He is good in the transfer market and seems to be able to get teams performing on a level higher than they really ought to be.

MON managed to do the latter part, combine it with somebody who knows how to do a deal and we're laughing

oh dear.