Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I think it's safe to say that we'd see a lot more from the players if they saw that the fans were right behind them.

Dont disagree 1 bit. And Il be coming down for Newcastle for the 1st time this season and Il be behind them. I would never boo!!

Sorry pal, but I think your perspective might be a little different had you invested hundreds into overpriced tickets, beer and travel - and ended up seeing some of the pathetic displays we've been subjected to.

Read my other posts, youl see that Im arguing your case

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's safe to say that we'd see a lot more from the players if they saw that the fans were right behind them.

Dont disagree 1 bit. And Il be coming down for Newcastle for the 1st time this season and Il be behind them. I would never boo!!

Sorry pal, but I think your perspective might be a little different had you invested hundreds into overpriced tickets, beer and travel - and ended up seeing some of the pathetic displays we've been subjected to.

Read my other posts, youl see that Im arguing your case

Apologies. I wouldn't have disagreed with you anyway, we need to get behind the team as much as we can bear to during this crucial period.

But what I can't abide is people slagging off those who have shown their dissatisfaction at VP - our support, especially away, is fantastic. We have given this team and this manager more support than they have deserved this season and now, a lot of people are fed up - rightfully so.

Now its always nice for that atmosphere to be positive, but should (not could) fans NOT making a pleasant atmosphere make players on 50grand a week give anything other than 100%

I see what you mean. But here's my thinking. Things are clearly not all rosey behind the scenes at VP. Some players are not happy, the team is down the league and some of the players are very young inexperienced players experiencing Premier League for the first time this season and need to know we're with them.

The players are only human and particularly the young players in their first season will be affected by events on and off the pitch far moreso than others will be. That's where we come in. It goes back to the whole fact that home advantage does exist even though it's a grass pitch and the same opposition that you would face on an away day. Perhaps you're right and players should not be affected by the lack of an atmosphere but the fact is that they are - every team is, in every sport.

In the same way that players should not be affected by the level of opposition, but they are. They raise their game, or not as the case may be.

The margins for success and failure at this level are minute; as evidenced by the majority of our squad going from 6th, 6th, 6th to 14th this season. If we can give them some confidence and belief then why not. Everyone benefits from it. Even if as you say, they shouldn't really need more than their pay cheque as motivation.

I don't buy all this crap about GH trimming the wage bill. Yes it's great that we can have someone who will lower our expenditure but surely someone other than the manager should look at this? We don't need an accountant we need a manager. Someone who motivates the players.

Changing the manager would still allow us to reduce the wage bill as it's clear for everyone to see how overpaid our useless squad is.

Houllier out, Jol in.

[

But what I can't abide is people slagging off those who have shown their dissatisfaction at VP - our support, especially away, is fantastic. We have given this team and this manager more support than they have deserved this season and now, a lot of people are fed up - rightfully so.

Agree 100%. I've been to all but two games under Houllier home and away and in the circumstances the support has been tremendous especially away from home.

The supporters are the only people associated with Aston Villa who can stand with their heads held high knowing they had **** all to do with the shambles on the pitch.

The supporters are the only people associated with Aston Villa who can stand with their heads held high knowing they had **** all to do with the shambles on the pitch.
While the supporters have nothing to do with what's happening on the pitch or behind the scenes I don't feel we can hold our heads high, not if some of our fans carry on creating a negative atmosphere before and during games instead of focusing on supporting the team during a relegation fight. Even worse, some of our "fans" have simply decided to jump ship.

Houllier out, Anyone in

Agree.

But more specifically, Hughton in the short term.

Because of his proven track record of what exactly? Getting one of the most valuable and high earnings teams promoted from the Championship?

Mental suggestion.

While the supporters have nothing to do with what's happening on the pitch or behind the scenes I don't feel we can hold our heads high, not if some of our fans carry on creating a negative atmosphere before and during games instead of focusing on supporting the team during a relegation fight. Even worse, some of our "fans" have simply decided to jump ship.

How do you mean 'jump ship'?

For the vast majority of the game the fans were behind the team. Only at the subbing of Albrighton and at the end did the fans show displeasure with Houllier

For the vast majority of the game the fans were behind the team. Only at the subbing of Albrighton and at the end did the fans show displeasure with Houllier

The amount of people I've seen saying "I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years but until Houllier goes the club are not getting a cent out of me", or something to that affect.

I thought the support on Saturday was pretty poor. The banner before the game was pathetic (although that was only a couple of dickheads obviously) and to me the support didn't sound very vocal, then again I was in the North Stand lower so I had the Wolves fans right next to me. The chanting for Agbonlahor I didn't agree with, followed by the chanting for Albrighton once Agbonlahor came on for him, followed by the "you don't know what you're doing" chants. It just seemed like we as a crowd were more interested in voicing our displeasure at the manager or substitutions than supporting the team who were only 1-0 down.

Laursen, Barry, Milner, Bouma back.

We had a better season last year with only Milner from that list and the players we currently have.

Why are the fans getting stick still? Man city away, Sunderland home and wolves home are the only games were the stick given to houllier has been clearly noticeable and even then it was for short periods of time. The fans have been good to him on the whole and I'm not surprised a large group have finally had enough. It's hard to contain your passion as a fan of this sport and houllier just keeps winding us up with shit decision, ridiculous public comments and poor results and now people have taken all they can and have snapped.

The amount of people I've seen saying "I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years but until Houllier goes the club are not getting a cent out of me", or something to that affect.

I thought the support on Saturday was pretty poor. The banner before the game was pathetic (although that was only a couple of dickheads obviously) and to me the support didn't sound very vocal, then again I was in the North Stand lower so I had the Wolves fans right next to me. The chanting for Agbonlahor I didn't agree with, followed by the chanting for Albrighton once Agbonlahor came on for him, followed by the "you don't know what you're doing" chants. It just seemed like we as a crowd were more interested in voicing our displeasure at the manager or substitutions than supporting the team who were only 1-0 down.

Well folks can spend their money on what they want. I've never believed in having to 'clock on' supporting the Villa.

as for the crowd, I thought we were par for the course. I'm near the away fans in M1.